Maou to Ore no Hangyakuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Assault Mission: Fortress City

Double-page supporter
Wow, they were just a civilian, look at that lion guy, even his face changes

Dex-chan lover
WTF this is definitely not Europe!
x5.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
It'd be funny if the author tried to pull a "both sides are right" kind of story

Dex-chan lover
is it really that hard to just throw a fucking sword or just blasting that huge "forbidden" magic straight onto that fat guy? yeah, just let several people to die instead a swift action that he's not even aware of

Dex-chan lover
The human has a good taste in tactics sadly the leader waste too much time. fcuking beast inhuman monster got away
You don't warn the invasive creature... just start annihilating them. They even need another 'human' to lead the fight

Damn. That was rediculously graphic, WWII era concentration Camp genocidal, and emotionally gripping. Damn. I haven't felt this much of an urge to kill a character since Ferid Barthony. 😂🍿 Okay, glasses dumbass. Just wait. Shit has gotten epicly interesting as their ladyship is gone full optimist! 😂🍿👌🏽❤️

"Excellent! We shall take it! 😂😂😂😂🍿"

I wanna see that Shinra wannabee's face when they do! 😂😂🍿❤️👌🏽

@Sep10trion you mean Emerald Weapon to their knockoff Mako Cannon? 😂😂😂👌🏽🍿

Dex-chan lover
The map on page five is, while heavily distorted, definitely a map of europe, on top of that the humans (or the one human nation we've seen thus far) appear to be based on modern day germany, plus that guy having a german name, and what was clearly a concentration/death camp makes the pararell it's drawing pretty obvious, the map distortion gets worse further east but I'm mostly certain the fortress city captured in this chapter was St. Petersburg (named Leningrad in the hisory period I think they're going for)

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane

Well, MachineGames era Wolfenstein.

Dang, this chapter was dark. Concentration camps, slave soldiers, and a massive cannon. That fat smiling dirtbag in charge of the place should have faced a grimmer demise.

Anyways, since this series seems to draw more heavily from Nazi Germany for the otherworld's humans, that massive gun probably has a poor fire rate. At best, maybe 10 shots a day, or 1 shot per season.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, if dryads are such awesome at magic and technomancy and shit, why is it humans that have all the cool toys?

Dex-chan lover
WARY
BE WARY
It means to be cautious, and is the root of "beware."
WARY.
"Weary" just means tired.
You can't "be weary" of a group of people unless you don't care, and are utterly unafraid of them.
Be. Wary.
Not "be weary."
To be "leery" is to be paranoid... but combining the two makes a total different word.

Dex-chan lover
@dabes115

Doubt it.

Humans of that world can't even compare to ours.. it's like they just cloned each other but with different physical features.

Akame ga Kill but High Tech.

@Drakan

So.. that cannon might be a Schwerer Gustav?

Dex-chan lover
I know this is fantasy, but Hitler was also obsessed with making these super large weapons like the railway gun (that was totally impractical). However wasting time on stuff like that and being too confident in ambitious plans is what brought upon his downfall, so these humans are kind of dumb. They even make the Inhumans start on the West, so I guess they represent the allies.

Users who are viewing this thread