Maou to Yuusha no Tatakai no Ura de - Ch. 14 - Concerns and Arrangements VII

Dex-chan lover
"why you keep blabbering"
"you need cleanse yourself before going to walk a long ass day"

literally just the first page and the translation already feels wonky. I'm not saying this is MTL but the quality is just, really bad.
And learn some typesetting, or at least switch to another easier-to-read font.

also, did you snipe this series just so you can beg ask for donations from readers? Real creative of you.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's not terrible(right dark sets the standard there...), but it's not a good translation either; I'm likely only understanding it as well as I am because I've read the novels recently. You're getting present tense and past tense mixed up, and verbs wrong too. It also seems like you're asking for donations at the end, but even that isn't well conveyed.

Dex-chan lover
Why is there suddenly a wordart colorful text in the middle of the chapter and nowhere else?

Zeverion left his name in the last page of the actual chapter.

The text is readable, but capitalization, tense, grammar and possibly some other things are all over the place. So it would be more accurate to say that it's shockingly readable for something that fails in most metrics.

This whole thing leaves me baffled in so many aspects... Like, the font choice is awful, but the dude put in the effort to change the font for when the characters are shouting (but both times they are different fonts??). They also went through the effort of translating some minor dialogues that they could've just as easily ignored... but didn't translate others.

And they even put in the effort to clean the panels and redraw when necessary, but they used really weird techniques in each instance, like fucking up the reflection of the teacup or the BG and Werner's shoulder in page 24. Yet they put in the effort of coloring it with screentones instead of the pure color.

Page 23 really blew my mind. In that page they did a pretty decent job redrawing the bloodstained floor - just to use RAINBOW font there.

All in all, I think they focused on the wrong things while neglecting the more important ones, like typesetting and grammar. I'd be really happy if another group took up translating this series, but this is not it.

Users who are viewing this thread