Maou to Yuusha no Tatakai no Ura de - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.2 - Considerations and Preparations VI

Dex-chan lover
That pretty guild receptionist is wearing armor. She's definitely a bouncer too, hope she gets paid like it.
Yeah that's a pretty wild design for a receptionist. She's got a skirt on page 2, but some of that gear is definitely armor and not what you'd expect from someone with a desk job.

Dex-chan lover
I just fucking adore all the little but true-to-life details that go into the world-building.
Like, adventurers & adventurers' guilds have become so common, they've become basic knowledge, like the ability to breath, and yet they are always incredibly vague and surface level. Here, not only are concrete details given, as to how it functions (basically playing the role of a workers' union and contractors' office rolled into one) but also shows how things are done on a day-to-day basis.
Stuff like discussing hazard pay, manpower requirements or rotation, and personnel allocation are stuff that just makes intrinsic sense, but never get the slightest mention in most other manga.

Dex-chan lover
MC didn't show interest towards girls as in school they got truly interested only after his great achievements.
He is busy surviving so a relationship is out of reach for now, and he knows it.
He even witnessed the hunter side of the bitches going for the hero, of when he himself was almost forced with one.
The princess is not even in his sights, he admires her, but knows the pair that will happen.
The princess maids got too little screentime.
The noble girl from the knight family somehow got mixed with the memories of losing his brother and they weren't in the the right situation to flirt.
The manga art even helps thinking of BL, but the novel was totally different.
And given how much is focused on the MC fight against casualities it makes sense to have doubts on his preferences, he is straight as a arrow in my opinion, the novel likely had parts with him admiring the perfect beauties from the game in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Jokes on you. I don't have to deal with internalised misogyny, I'm not biphobic, nor do I ship characters because "they should be canon", So the introduction of a girl character means nothing to me

The best part is, if she ever interacts well with another girl character I will have Yuri ship as well

If the romance of the MC and a girl does happen and it isn't awfully written? I'll even have a poly ship

I cannot loose in this situation

Edit, because the tone (i think) of this comment seemed to have caused confusion:
This comment is made entirely in good spirit. I saw the joke at the end of the chapter which is a light hearted joke about Bl shippers being in schambles and made a light hearted comment myself, referencing typical reasons for misogyny in fandom spaces that usually results in that kind of behavior.

While I do sometimes have pairings in story driven narratives like this, more than often I tend just vibe. As long as a female character isn't written offensively misogynistic I tend to be fine with whatever endgame exists.

Essentially I'm a filthy casual in terms of shipping. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. This comment was just meant to be a self-aware light-hearted comment how I'm not in shambles and to poke fun at the actual toxic parts of fandom culture. The ones "in shambles" so to say.

I hope this make it more clear, because I don't know how else to phrase it:worry:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Jokes on you. I don't have to deal with internalised misogyny, I'm not biphobic, nor do I ship characters because "they should be canon", So the introduction of a girl character means nothing to me

The best part is, if she ever interacts well with another girl character I will have Yuri ship as well

If the romance of the MC and a girl does happen and it isn't awfully written? I'll even have a poly ship

I cannot loose in this situation

Blud just “well ackshually’d” shipping cartoons.

Dex-chan lover
He's also focusing on having each group play to their strengths, and he's not afraid to pay a fair wage and benefits, on top of having a full understanding of what's on the line if he does skimp out like a lot of fictional nobles and royals seem to do. Delegation is a mandatory skill for anyone with significant enough power, and this MC seems to be pretty damn good at it (a lot of manga where main characters are nobility or otherwise in charge seem to have the misunderstanding that they need to do nearly everything themselves to get anything done). Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting promoted again later on.
He will certainly be promoted one way or another since the crown prince wants him as an advisor/prime minister for his son.

And to reply to the credit page- A HOLE IS A HOLE

Dex-chan lover
Blud just “well ackshually’d” shipping cartoons.
My comment was meant to be about the "Bl shippers in shambles" comment at the end and how I'm not in shambles at all, it was never meant to be mean spirited and I have no idea where you got that idea?

I was literally just replying to the meme with the same amount of (what I assume is meant to be) jest (banter? light hearted ribbing?)

Why else would I go through all the flaws in (queer-)shipping community and how they don't apply to me here?

I'm actually so confused, did I miss a social cue??

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually so confused, did I miss a social cue??

You did, we’re all just having a laugh. it doesn’t matter who kisses who, romance is fairly secondary to this story (so far).

It’s all in fun, hopefully there’s no hard feelings, though.

Dex-chan lover
You did, we’re all just having a laugh. it doesn’t matter who kisses who, romance is fairly secondary to this story (so far).

It’s all in fun, hopefully there’s no hard feelings, though.
??? That was what I referred to though? They made a joke about Bl shippers being in shambles I made a joke the romantic endgame not mattering to me because I'll be fine no matter what direction the story takes??

I'm so lost rn
meo-mat-ngo-ngac-boi-ba-dau-hoi-ba92900548e9497231991cb8bab4e684.jpg

But yeah no hard feelings, prolly just the good old 'tism yet again?

Users who are viewing this thread