Maou to Yuusha no Tatakai no Ura de - Vol. 4 Ch. 15 - Considerations and Preparations VIII

Dex-chan lover
I love the art style but the character design makes it hard for me to distinguish characters. One thing I noticed a lot this chapter is theres a lot of inclusion of random students in proximity to the MC, I don't know if theres any significance but it does make the academy look more full
It seems to me the main and important supporting characters are drawn in a stylized "young" appearance with their hair flowing.

The MC, hero, their, princess, and that youngest daughter of Fürst or Furest all share those characteristics.

Background supporting characters are older and detailed; crown prince, Count Fürst, the merchant caravan, the professor.

Mob characters are even less detailed and still look older than the main cast; the harassing noble, the maids (hair covered) and the classmate of MC.

This series really is great, it even went out of it's way to explain why fights happend in parties and not using armies, it's the attention to small details like that which make a huge difference

Dex-chan lover
Could someone spoil what’s going on with the Fürst’s.
I know Werner’s dead older brother was engaged to their eldest daughter, is that Hermine or someone else.
it was shown in a dream MC had in a previous chapter

MC brother in the isekai died for some monster attack (I think he was a knight protecting somoen of high rank and died on the line of duty), he was engaged to a lady in the black armor family, the day of the funeral MC happened to overhear the lady rejoicing at his death as she didn't had to marry someone from a family with a status below hers, that traumatized MC
as it was a dream he mixed it with recent events and put the face of the friendly lady from the same family on the bitch, so now he feels troubled staying near her as 1) her family still seen MC family with contempt before he saved their lives in the stampede 2) MC trauma didn't completely go away and he feels bad to putting the bitch and the knight lady on the same spot in his mind 3) MC sees that family in a hostile way too, for the past and possibly thinking they are simlar to the other nobles trying to stick to him now that he is recognized from the royal family

Dex-chan lover
Everyone looks so crazy flamboyant and eccentric I have a hard time distinguish them from each other and remembering who is who o_O
I love the art style but the character design makes it hard for me to distinguish characters. One thing I noticed a lot this chapter is theres a lot of inclusion of random students in proximity to the MC, I don't know if theres any significance but it does make the academy look more full
It's different case for me, thanks to unique art from the artist, i can easily distinguish some characters, especially the easiest one like Werner's dad. The only problem maybe on differentiate Laura and Hermine.... But it's minor on me

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He becomes THE interesting person for OMOSHIROI handsome Prince and other older men!

But goddamn, I love this series. Beautiful (but kinda hard to follow at times) art aside, the whole idea and execution are brilliant. MC has the knowledge and some abilities to carry out his ideas (mainly due to his family being wealthy) but he quickly tries things outside of the game. He wants to change as much as possible but is careful with it and instantly recognises the possibility of "game correcting forces". He trains and gets useful skill with his spear but it's nothing outstanding - it just feels rightfully earned. Even his "tradition defying" tactics on ganging up on demons only worked because the ones who used it first were mercenaries and soldiers employed by MC and his family. Rest of the army were forced to use it only because the "simple monster attack" turned into stampede.
Same with all the relationships he has. You can see that he truly befriended Mazel, that he gained the recognition of soldiers at the battlefield, that his bold tactics were what allowed him to talk to Crown Prince. Said Prince also didn't instantly jump on his dick, he delegated the role to MC since he seemed to have a solid enough plan to guarantee the safety of his son, important people and the army. Even after the fight it's not that he completely trusts him, but is eager to give MC a chance to prove himself and even considers "grooming" him into important position for his own son in the future. Like the only character that seemed a little to eager to trust MC is the thief<?> that got paid upfront and thus could hire a doctor to save people important to him.
Gotta love how MCs super cheat OP ability is truly just planning for the future by using all the means available to him at every moment. That he just doesn't go into a secret dungeon to pull out a cheat equipment. That he has to delegate a whole friggin' merchant caravan, hire the mercenaries to protect it and even then he isn't sure that he will get what he needs. Also this chapter and the magic - it's not like MC discovered something super secret or unique. As the teacher said - the "area magic drain" was noticed before, the potential uses and modifications to potions were already studied, like they would if they existed in the real world. They probably just need a push from MC, who has his broader perspective as isekai-man, but there is quite a big possibility that they would arrive at the new discoveries sooner or later due to the war and simple advancements in the science.
tl'dr:
The series is fucking awesome and I missed it so much!
The only problem on Werner and especially kingdom is..... They really reliant on him, too much to make it worse. But well, atleast higher ups like Crown Prince and his attendant have a trick to solve problem even without Werner. Burden on that (former?) student is too many that he can handle for now

Dex-chan lover
I know Werner’s dead older brother was engaged to their eldest daughter, is that Hermine or someone else.
It already replied by other comment about that first daughter but I put more one info that crucial
She is truly annoying AF plus high arrogant attitude. To make it worse, because her antics, it will become another walking bomb in the future for Furst Family

Double-page supporter
Werner older brother died on the accident while they travel, he try to protect Werner so get heavily injured and pass away. He was engaged to the eldest daughter of the Furst family, she attend the funeral and Werner overheard her talked to friends that she was glad that he died so she doesn’t have to married to civil officers.
Hermine was 2nd daughter.
Sadly, Furst was entirely new character on the publishing version so I have no idea how they’ll be. I think she quite ok and so far (Vol. 2) she just admired Werner, but her brother seems sus.

Double-page supporter
This series really is great, it even went out of it's way to explain why fights happend in parties and not using armies, it's the attention to small details like that which make a huge difference
The author said he want to write explanation about small details in the RPG world. There’s a lots of interesting things there.
If you ever played old style RPG like FF or DQ, I would recommend reading the novel, it was very informative and fun.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, they hadn't already left on the caravan this chapter? But last chapter the fort fell, which was an event which they said was going to happen after the caravan had left? I am confused.

Wait, they hadn't already left on the caravan this chapter? But last chapter the fort fell, which was an event which they said was going to happen after the caravan had left? I am confused.
In the last chapter they hadn't left already, they were just having discussions regarding what to do during the caravan trip. Also, it was Salznach, a neighbouring country, which fell, not the fort.

Dex-chan lover
In the last chapter they hadn't left already, they were just having discussions regarding what to do during the caravan trip.
Yes they did that too. But then it cut to the fort falling, implying the caravan had set off.
Also, it was Salznach, a neighbouring country, which fell, not the fort.
I don't remember mc exposition dumping anything about expecting a country to fall? Only a fort.

Thank you very much for the translation! I hope you keep on doing these!
Yes they did that too. But then it cut to the fort falling, implying the caravan had set off.

I don't remember mc exposition dumping anything about expecting a country to fall? Only a fort.
It did not cut to the fort, it cut to Salznach. I understand it can be confusing, but there's literally a text box with the name of the country, and mentioning that it's a neighbouring country.

And you're right in your last point; Werner did not mention it at all. I don't know if he will address it the next chapter, but in the light novel he simply mentions that in the game it was a ghost town with some decent loot, so it's possible he just didn't care and wasn't even aware it was still habitated in his reality until that point.

BTW: If anyone's interested, the official names of the places attacked are Salzanach and Subritz

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the translation! I hope you keep on doing these!

It did not cut to the fort, it cut to Salznach. I understand it can be confusing, but there's literally a text box with the name of the country, and mentioning that it's a neighbouring country.

And you're right in your last point; Werner did not mention it at all. I don't know if he will address it the next chapter, but in the light novel he simply mentions that in the game it was a ghost town with some decent loot, so it's possible he just didn't care and wasn't even aware it was still habitated in his reality until that point.

BTW: If anyone's interested, the official names of the places attacked are Salzanach and Subritz
Tbf, what surprise me is
i though Only Trout that fallen because demon Lord army based on Novel. Doesn't know that Salzanach also fallen before hand.

Tbh., we need map for the continent since I'm only know 4 country that being mentioned

Double-page supporter
Tbf, what surprise me is
i though Only Trout that fallen because demon Lord army based on Novel. Doesn't know that Salzanach also fallen before hand.

Tbh., we need map for the continent since I'm only know 4 country that being mentioned
It was just one city called Subritz in Salzanach that fall,

Users who are viewing this thread