March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 10 Ch. 104 - Promise

My boy Rei has become so cool !!!! Look at that character development. The depressed boy with 0 confidence is now protecting this family. And the proposal was just wow. Who cares about dating, marriage first. I'm so proud of Rei.

This chapter was so amazing! Kiriyama has really developed a lot as a character.

I cried of laughter at the "marrying" part XD

Thanks for the great translation

Kiriyama totally owning the "adult father", oh god I'm so glad just like with the head teacher in the bullying case, that even though dickhead characters appear, they always totally lose to Kiriyama and the girls.

Double-page supporter
My boy Rei has become so cool !!!! Look at that character development. The depressed boy with 0 confidence is now protecting this family. And the proposal was just wow. Who cares about dating, marriage first. I'm so proud of Rei.
Well, I assume they'll be dating, now, is the idea. Probably should wait until they're both graduated to plan any event, I figure, so at least three years of dating to help secure his place in her heart (though they've already had plenty of moments of growing closer, by my reckoning- they just weren't officially dating during any of them).

I do love Hina's absolute overheat reaction to this abrupt, indirect proposal.... but, I mean, come on... he already promised her that he'd essentially stay by her side, back when she was bawling in front of him by the river after the bullying incidents hit her, determined not to give up and let them win. She just hasn't been privy to the internal morphing, evolving of that promise in his heart.

This is the final form of that promise from last year. His determination to love her until the end of his days.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Absolute KING moment. Deadbeat dad can now only seppuku in hope of restoring a fraction of his long lost honor.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I shouldn't have expected any less from this story. This must be among the funniest confessions in all the manga/anime I've seen. No matter if he did it just to solve this problem (takes it back later) or if he was serious. Although if he backpedals later, it's, of course, hauntingly similar to that sociopath father suddenly leaving their mother, as if it was no big deal. Hina would be hurt by it, no matter how noble his intentions. Although they are so close that maybe she wouldn't really be significantly hurt. More like prickled and able to laugh at it later. Still, I hope he will stick to it! The romance tag must be there for a reason.

In any case, it's weirdly hilarious how I was getting all fired up about analysing the bastard biological father as a textbook narcissist, but then Rei's in all sorts of ways upside down and inside out confession sidetracked my thoughts immediately. The author had it all planned precisely. Excellent writing. Nevertheless, it easy to see the author did read about narcissism (I hope it's not from personal experience), including all that blaming others for his own faults and seeking new love to reinforce his lacking self-respect. Plus all the regular sociopathic behavior, with attempts to manipulate others with no remorse and being unable to sympathise with anyone.

This avg comments per chapter for this manga would be around 5-10. But this chapter alone has almost 60. I don't need to say anything further, the number itself tells what a hell of a chapter it was. We just need season 3 god dammit

Users who are viewing this thread