March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 13.1 - Akari's Ginza Story

Supporter
It's not a true update. :(
This was pretty cute though. Not Momo cute but cute enough.

Ruy

I had a small heart attack when I saw something new.

Dex-chan lover
ah... I think that author made a mistake pairing him with Hina instead of Akari... u.u

Fed-Kun's army
I'd love to eat some of that XD
And she can kill with food, literally :p

Double-page supporter
@kaminomikan Mistake? No. Hina is cute too and closer to him in age. He is underaged while she is an adult. (In Japan, under 20 is a minor) It is criminal. Akari is just too mature and old for him, she even works as a bar hostess, he is still a kid in high school. It feels wrong in so many senses.
In reality, Japanese couples where the women is older than the man are rare and are disliked by society. It is just culturally different.

Double-page supporter
@miyako19 well the age of consent in Japan is criminally low legality wise, and kids can even get married between 16-18 as long as they have parental consent. So I'm not sure if it's as bad as you say it is. Not to mention, he just needs a single more year and he's a 20 year old, with Akari being 24 or something like that. There's a 3-4 year difference between Akari and Kiriyama, and that's honestly not bad at all. I've seen plenty of married couples where the guy is several years younger, and sure while it may be culturally not as well accepted, I'm sure it's still a possibility regardless as long as there is legitimate love for one another, and I think Japan is honestly getting less and less worried about more minor cultural taboos as time continues to pass.

I just can't imagine how tasteful is this food. Goddam, i wish i could cook all that.

I’ve been making these recipes recently, and I can’t believe how flavorful but simple they are. Highly recommended

Double-page supporter
ah... I think that author made a mistake pairing him with Hina instead of Akari... u.u
@kaminomikan Mistake? No. Hina is cute too and closer to him in age. He is underaged while she is an adult. (In Japan, under 20 is a minor) It is criminal. Akari is just too mature and old for him, she even works as a bar hostess, he is still a kid in high school. It feels wrong in so many senses.
In reality, Japanese couples where the women is older than the man are rare and are disliked by society. It is just culturally different.
@miyako19 well the age of consent in Japan is criminally low legality wise, and kids can even get married between 16-18 as long as they have parental consent. So I'm not sure if it's as bad as you say it is. Not to mention, he just needs a single more year and he's a 20 year old, with Akari being 24 or something like that. There's a 3-4 year difference between Akari and Kiriyama, and that's honestly not bad at all. I've seen plenty of married couples where the guy is several years younger, and sure while it may be culturally not as well accepted, I'm sure it's still a possibility regardless as long as there is legitimate love for one another, and I think Japan is honestly getting less and less worried about more minor cultural taboos as time continues to pass.
For me, it's not so much the age gap (as it's almost as much of an age gap between Rei and Hina), or whether or not one is a minor, as it is the fact that Akari thought too much like Rei closer to the start of this story- they were too similar in their desire to just stay quiet and leave things be, as was highlighted in the bullying arc.

Rei only truly started growing after witnessing Hina's fiery passion to stand up to that situation, despite Akari's concerns she'll get hurt if she makes waves. It was also that fire that made him fall in love with Hina.

Akari really had no chance of making him grow, let alone fall in love, nearly to the same extent. The personalities just work better the way it is now. I feel like people just want him with Akari because they like Akari more (which I completely understand), not because they feel she fits him better, and they're just putting themselves in Rei's shoes regardless of the fact he's his own character, not an audience avatar.

Also.... Akari is more like 5 years older than Rei. Hina is around 3 years younger (normally, first years and third years are two years apart, but he skipped a year before he started high school, so 2+1 is 3... she should be 16 right now while he's 19). Just to clarify. I'll also note that, albeit I'm in a western country so different norms, my parents and my sister and her husband are both 7 years apart in age (though the guy is the older one). I don't really see much of an issue with age gaps, except when they're closer to underage relationships. I actually had a young woman I was interested in that was 14 years younger than me, but I met her while she was an adult, so I never saw her as a child, just as another adult human I could maybe have a life with. Nothing actually happened, but the point is I only feel like I have a particular opposition when at least one part of the equation is a minor when the relationship begins- in which case, I feel like 3 years is probably about at the limit of acceptableness.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread