March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 13 Ch. 139 - The Thing Lying Right in Front of Your Eyes

Double-page supporter
Why people are so hostile towards her? Try to project yourself in her shoes, she was a kid when kiriyama came into their house and huddled up all her father attention to him. Of course she will be traumatized and grown distant because of it, can't blame her if she decided to find her own happiness elsewhere, even now she is able to came to terms with it and I'm looking forward to her future growth.

Calling her a bitch or selfish is just outright stupid.

I'd say she's done her fair share of "villainous deeds". I do sympathize with her, but that just doesn't mean I won't hate her for doing all those things to Rei. I'd say the blame falls on her dad for prioritizing shogi over his kids

Most of the people don't even realize their mistakes and how they have hurt people. I am glad Kyoko did.

I like Kyoko's character ; becoming stuck in a cycle of loathing is an easy thing to do when the target for it is so readily available. Children are heavily reliant on having stability and a sense of security. Maybe the only way Kyoko could survive was to blame what she saw as the disruptive force and direct her anger towards it. It's possible to live a long time like this.

Once the flawed perspective crumbles the most important thing to do is acknowledge it and treat people better for it even if the people you have hurt may not forgive you.

I understand that kyoko realizes her fault and some people also sympathize with her. That's a good thing. But I can't bring myself to forgive her. Even if she was a kid, abusing and bullying an orphan was never right. Her family wasn't that bad, she just had a victim mindset. She made rei a villain in her mind only cause her father loves him. She thinks she is poor for falling for Gotou but persuading a married guy can't be justified. Gotou is at fault too but she let him use her. And then she goes back to Rei for having sympathy. She is an embodiment of poison.

But now that she realizes her fault, I hope she will try for a better life, get along with her family and apologize to Rei. Being the kind boy he is, Rei would forgive her

Double-page supporter
Best character in the whole series, I love her really did kind of ship her and Rei.
No, just no. She was far too toxic for him. Sure, she had a fire, but it was a caustic fire. He found a much healthier flame in Hina.

I appreciate her growth as a character, here, but she never deserved to be with Rei.

I'd say she's done her fair share of "villainous deeds". I do sympathize with her, but that just doesn't mean I won't hate her for doing all those things to Rei. I'd say the blame falls on her dad for prioritizing shogi over his kids
I've said the same exact thing. Masachika Koda's obsession poisoned his own kids, which spread to his wife, according to that 'other house' chapter. He's responsible for him recoiling even more into himself, clinging to Shogi as his only lifeline. Sure, he's talented, but he was using Shogi as an escape, until he eventually found more to life than Shogi, as well as finding a reason to be passionate about Shogi again, like it used to be with his real father.

I understand that kyoko realizes her fault and some people also sympathize with her. That's a good thing. But I can't bring myself to forgive her. Even if she was a kid, abusing and bullying an orphan was never right. Her family wasn't that bad, she just had a victim mindset. She made rei a villain in her mind only cause her father loves him. She thinks she is poor for falling for Gotou but persuading a married guy can't be justified. Gotou is at fault too but she let him use her. And then she goes back to Rei for having sympathy. She is an embodiment of poison.

But now that she realizes her fault, I hope she will try for a better life, get along with her family and apologize to Rei. Being the kind boy he is, Rei would forgive her
Like I said earlier... the Kodas were poisoned by an obsession. It spread to all members, even tainting the mother, as was pointed out in the 'other house' chapter. The mother realized it was wrong, but it still doesn't change the fact that she, as well as her children, pushed Rei out of their house.

As well... we can be sympathetic while not forgiving. It's like understanding someone, but not agreeing with them. You can do both. If she can get around to apologizing to those she's harmed, and then find herself a life somewhere away from them, that would be ideal.

Dex-chan lover
I can't still appreciate Kyoko, even less her relationship with Gotou, but I have to admit the author did find a proper way to make her grow up. In the end, her romance with Gotou was fake, but it did allow her to watch as a person loses his loved one, which, in turn, made her finally understand a part of Rei's suffering. Maybe she's not a witch anymore. Ironically enough now she might be able to have a normal relationship with Rei, but it's too late for that. Rei cut his connection to their family for her sake, so the times she invaded his life now were loathsome.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so the author remembered kyouko existed. I don't like her, but I also didn't like how she simply disappeared from the story, so I'm glad to see her reaching some sort of conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread