March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 15 Ch. 163 - Path (3)

Aggregator gang
@miyako19 @Calixto @Kirin-kun Can all of us take a moment of appreciation that this comment section is full of constructive criticism. Chika Umino's work is really something else. Portrait real life problems and believable characters like she does in a work of fiction, especially Manga, is not an easy task. Love your comments.

@Calixto Pretty sure he does like it. Like, remember when he had a game against the Meijin and almost got hit by a truck and Isekai'd when he was engrossed in the match records? I feel like that's something only someone into Shogi could feel. He may not be entirely aware of it, but I'm sure he does like it.

@youkai Rei also tried to teach Hina and momo how to play.
Rei even has a shogi club where he teaches the teachers at the school, so I think he does find some happiness in it.
he enjoys it enough to show joy when Hina showed she had interest in learning how to play.
Rei started playing in order to survive, but Shogi really gave him a place to belong.

The newest chapter of March comes in like a lion was released today in Japan, so the chapter should be out around the beginning of October.

Double-page supporter
@Kirin-kun
It's mainly because they are sitting in front of each other in an official match, like they both had to put a lot of work to get there, so Rei starts thinking who put more work than the other and so on. It´s part of Rei's personality, like that time he didn't want to win against that old man who was about to retire. It's not a healthy way of thinking in the middle of the match for sure, just goes to show how inmature he still is.
Your comment about immaturity makes me think how there's been a person to claim that the relationship between Rei and Hina is imbalanced in terms of that very thing because they see Hina as still very much childish. I don't entirely agree with that assessment, probably because I see her forward-thinking attitude with respect to her grandfather's shop, and how she also thinks about money-making opportunities with the sweets they've made, and will make, for the shop and the stands. She's basically thinking about when she'll take over for grandfather and continue the family business. That's not something most children are occupying their thoughts with. It's just that she's also trying to enjoy her time as a youth when she can, as well... not to mention she's literally a genki variant of some kind, I think, so I doubt she's going to ever do away with all of that energetic side.

And then you have this situation with Rei, where he's showing how he's still got plenty of immaturity still, despite his self-sufficiency and seriousness.

Users who are viewing this thread