March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 15 Ch. 166 - Path (6)

A pat in the back. That's all Rei-chan really needs, to know that he is living his life the best way possible and to be proud of himself for getting where he is.
Bless Tanaka-san for being such a good senior and role model, inspired but no less than Rei's father.

Felt like Rei would actually become like Souya Meijin if he had not met Hina, families and friends, he was in a similar trance daze state.
Other professionals have something else in real life that keep them motivated and replenished to get back and keep fighting in the abyss. Except for Souya, he seems to be peacefully living inside the abyss, satisfied with just meeting guest challengers inside his silent snowy home.

Double-page supporter
@iiikid I don't think he would. Unlike him, Souya loves Shogi and it motivates him to become strong. Rei has complicated feeling about Shogi and he doesn't have any desire to win any title. He can't become Meijin like Souya if he doesn't have the love or will to fight for it and eventually, that will affect his performance as a Shogi player.

@miyako19 If he did not met the other people, eventually he might just give up on socializing in real life and slowly lose the ability to, the only way left he can communicate with other people would be on Shogi board. He might not realize his love or will for Shogi, but it is his only world to live in and he will not let go of it. Eventually he might just be able to consistently reach the state like when playing Shouya, where it is peaceful and nothing is scary, that or maybe he would break at some point.

Dex-chan lover
im loving the interactions with Rei and Hina as its pretty clear whats going on especially after what happened

@Harshh maybe, but personally I read it as a symbol for the happiness that he's found. Rei seems like he's struggling with how to define himself now. Before shogi was all he had, and so it was easy for him to pour all of himself into it. But now he has all these other relationships, and they make him happy. The onigiri is kind of emblematic of that, so Hayashida is telling him to embrace this new happiness because it seems to him that it matches up with what Rei wants more than dedicating himself to shogi.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaah Rei you're slowly untangling everything.

I hope he gets to hear more stories about his dad.

Holy shit, it was very emitional and all, but guys, didn't sensei just up his game to 11???

Aggregator gang
WiltedBlondIncatern-size_restricted.gif

Oh wow I teared up a bit at “You’ve done well getting to where you are”. No one has ever really told Rei that. I kinda imagine that’s what his father could’ve said to him if he was still alive.

Love the new added scenes, a nice cool bonus for re readers :)
thanks for the update Kewl and Dascalon ^^

For those of you still doubting if Hina and Rei are dating.....I think this chapter makes it pretty obvious. Hina is constantly touching him, makes his pancake for him (exactly how he likes it no less) and they're holding hands at the end. You don't need to hear her confession to figure it out; she loves him big time.

Also, props to Hayashida sensei for upping his game. Akari deserves a good man too, go get her!

Dex-chan lover
THEY ARE HOLDING HAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
UUUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Users who are viewing this thread