Maria no Danzai - Ch. 18 - Berserk

The fact that it seems so obvious that Okaya killed Iijima means one of two things: i) Maria will reach the same conclusion and then it will really be cat and mouse; or ii) this is a red herring and someone is helping her from the shadows.

Option ii would be more interesting in my opinion and I would hazard a guess that we'll find out more about other people who might hate Okaya's guts.
Yeah i like option 2 instead 1, 1 is annoying. but no.2 lotta possibilities like what if the one helping her is the one loving his son in secret... or yeah whose didn't like okaya gang.

Contributor
Ooh. Iijima dead in the mountains. Roughed up with his hands and feet bound. Couldn't have been Kinugawa who did it, and we didn't see Mari kill or remember that she killed him, so it's likely Okaya's doing. Maybe not personally, but he's still likely the brains behind the killing.

And if it's Okaya, he's also likely to have gotten the information he wanted out of him (the corpse's clothes were roughed up, so there was at least an attempt to get info) and that's bad for Mari. Then she's no longer a step or two ahead, so she should consider that her archenemy now has a lead on her and she should plan around that. Putting Kinugawa into a Saw-like trap situation is going to be difficult with his brute strength, so he'll have to be drugged or maybe tasered, but Okaya will surely also be keeping tabs on his lackeys. It's getting harder and harder for Mari to keep killing her son's murderers.

The police are kind of a wild card right now, and there's nothing I can think of that rules out Okaya using them against Mari (last time I said maybe Mari could use them against him, but the opposite is also true). I'm a little saddened by how Mari's first thought about her ex-husband is that he'll be an obstacle to her. I had hoped to see some trace of her feelings for him, but there's nothing. She is one with her vengeance.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little saddened by how Mari's first thought about her ex-husband is that he'll be an obstacle to her. I had hoped to see some trace of her feelings for him, but there's nothing. She is one with her vengeance.
Speaking of the husband, did she ever share the things their son left behind with him? I think she is angry and disappointed at him because he so easyly accepted the death but i don't think he knows the details which makes Mari's resentfulness towards him a little unreasonable. Things would be very different if he was aware (if he doesn't already which would be the twist)

Dex-chan lover
The club scene happens a week after the girl was buried yes? that means its a week or so after her last encounter with ijima. The only one who could have done this is the main villain for sure. Maria is fucked.
Or perhaps it's the husband?

Dex-chan lover
Hell nah, I despise this new guy she's going to kill next. The author better make his death slow and painful. That body of his should be torn bit by bit while he's still breathing.
Same dude. I actually thought he's gonna have a sad backstory or something, maybe even be an ally. But fuck him. Hope he gets put into a position where he's the weaker one. Show him how useless his rage is.

Dex-chan lover
The state of Iijimas body doesn't look like he died recently. If Okaya did kill him it would have had to have happened like the second whats her face disappeared, which seems odd. Personally I think Maria did it and her mental state is even worse than presented, she's an unreliable narrator.
I'd prefer that over the main villain killing Ijima, honestly. Maria not remembering killing him and her spiralling into insanity sounds fun.

Contributor
Speaking of the husband, did she ever share the things their son left behind with him? I think she is angry and disappointed at him because he so easyly accepted the death but i don't think he knows the details which makes Mari's resentfulness towards him a little unreasonable. Things would be very different if he was aware (if he doesn't already which would be the twist)
I don't think she ever did. Even now I think her husband is still in the dark about the true circumstances of their son's death. So yeah, I don't want to blame him for reacting that way to Kiritaka's death even if I didn't like it. Well, unless he knows something. I agree with you that it would be very different if he knew, which would make Taiichirou a very callous father and an insensitive husband.

Dex-chan lover
Gardening Tip :

Remember that when you bury a body, place it 8ft below the ground then cover it with endangered plants so it's illegal to dig it up.

Follow me tomorrow for more gardening tips. :worry:

Im hoping that police dad is the one who took out ijima after finding out he had done the deed with his wife, father needs to take the win here im praying that he gets his wife back

The ijima death might just be a fluke by the author. Basically since he’s a lowly gangster wannabe there’s a chance he messed with the wrong people and got killed as a result. Wouldn’t be surprised the author is using this opportunity to draw some tension for Maria and then nothing really comes out of it.

Aggregator gang
Name of the chapter and seeing the delinquent's fucked up behaviour, it seems he's being built up as the hyper violent member of the group.
Given all of Maria's targets have had ironic deaths, I got an idea of his fate. He's gonna get brutally beaten to death. Choked, bruised bludgeoned over a long period. And I think it won't be Maria. It'll be her husband. This arc will be about the husband finding about his son's fate and him going berserk.
Nah, i don't think that would be a good thing, the tan dude trait is he put his friend above everything, and he seemed like a sympathic person if you know how to get close with him.

I think maria that already get the tan dude trust, subvert that trust and betraying him will be better way.

Aggregator gang
I'm just desperate for a proper twist. Genius criminal mastermind highschooler thing making this hard to take seriously already.
It's that, and the idea that a high schooler can take on a bouncer no issue. Stuff like these two characters really takes me out of the story. You telling me that a gangster and a bouncer couldn't take on a high schooler? Unless there's a flashback chapter showing the dude being trained by Conor McGregor since he was 2, I have a hard time believing it.

Users who are viewing this thread