Maria no Danzai - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - The Red Lies Paved The Road To Damnation.

Aggregator gang
It takes at least 3 days to die from dehydration. The bugs won't kill her but, this is going to be a long 3 days. Hands bound, a couple broken bones and alone in the dark.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I guess I'm 'tarded. Someone explain to me the game. I thought if the girl has any one of her "friends" respond back to her, she's be set free and live right? Who cares if the guy told her to @#$% off - he responded back no? Or was Maria lying from the start (like the girl lies) and there was never any chance at repentance?

Don't think to much about "the game" (got ya). It's only a false hope thing until she pulls out the rug under their feet.

Dex-chan lover
Depends on how hard she hit her head. Imo she has like 50/50 shot. I honestly hope she does survive and somehow manage to get out of there, so she can reappear as a surprise and add an unexpected obstacle to the mc for the plot
If you think Maria would allow that to happen by not confirming her death, clearly you haven't been paying attention

Dex-chan lover
I have a curious question, can bugs kill her? I mean those cockroaches or centipedes can do nothing, none of those are venomous. Well she will die of course, due to infection, but bugs??? :questionblob:
I’m asking bc it isn’t satisfying enough to kill her using bugs.

Centipedes are indeed venomous but it is usually not life threating. The same can be said about bees and wasps. But if you are attacked by a swarm...

I do agree though that it's not that likely though.

Centipede bite

Double-page supporter
It takes at least 3 days to die from dehydration. The bugs won't kill her but, this is going to be a long 3 days. Hands bound, a couple broken bones and alone in the dark.
Along with all the bugs crawling over (and some even inside via the ears, nose and mouth) her adding to the terror. And the open cuts probably getting infected.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter and good luck on your exams @adobongmanok420 ! This one was packed:

• Okaya's mother being in his contacts by her full name and calling him -san gives a ton to chew on. Has to be his stepmother or something along those lines, but I wonder about her being the one to contact him since presumably they aren't close. Is his dad busy? Does she want to be closer to him? Is she just acting within what society expects of her as a woman with a child? Not to mention his expression reading the text, but as far as I can recall he also just tends to look like that when he's alone/otherwise not putting on a face for someone.
  • I'm also not totally sure how I feel about the thug getting to live from a narrative point of view. He's obviously scum, but I guess in Maria's view of things he's more useful alive than dead. As long as Shikimi could operate under the assumption that he was still alive, she could've used him in the punishment regardless, but the idea is that having him tell her off twists the knife deeper, I'm thinking. Also, no one asked me but I'm jealous. Tfw you'll never get whipped and headpatted by a beautiful divorced mother bent on revenge at all costs
  • As an aside, I get that the point of Shikimi's punishment is that she ultimately didn't have anyone she could rely on, but I wonder how accurate that really is? That is to say, I wonder what would have happened if she had tried to contact Kinukawa; being childhood friends doesn't necessarily mean you'll be friends as young adults, but there's been a bit of groundwork laid as to the idea of him not being quite how he seems on his face. They were in a fight at the time iirc, but if she had earnestly reached out to him, would he have come to help her? It's moot because even if they weren't fighting it's hard to imagine Shikimi doing anything earnestly, but it's food for thought.
  • Finally, the punishment itself is brutal. Everyone's talked about the idea of Shikimi being eaten by the bugs or the quasi-scaphism of it and I don't disagree with those ideas, but I think it's probably even simpler than that: after having to confront the fact that she is and has always been completely alone, now she has to die alone. If she uses the bugs to stave off dehydration and hunger it'll take a while to die from their bites, but that's the point. The cavalry isn't coming because she never had the horses to begin with, and all that she can do now is sit with that along with her new friends (because centipedes and roaches are the worst animals ever created. do you see that one in her ear? I would beg maria kill me faster). Scary stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Can't believe I just read that. Insane.
Seriously. I get that this is just a story, but the notion of people making light of rape like this of all things is fucking wild to me. Makes it real easy to assume the worst out of some of the people reading this.
Given the rest of what he said, it's unlikely that he sought to make light of rape as much as he sought to point out that the penetration involved in rape isn't its only feature and isn't the only source of damage and trauma. @Azuleath cut the first sentence in half, on top of omitting the whole comment, for reasons unknown.

There's nothing to gain from assuming the worst out of people, particularly not in the course of conversation.

Dex-chan lover
-made her do what she did to her son
-made her realize how superficial her bonds were after her pride at being the social center of attention
-had insects gang up on her like how she had 'insects' gang up on her victims

Maria's poetic justice is cool.

Dex-chan lover
Shikimi: you will be soon sent to where Nagare is
Maria: That's my biggest wish

Damn these traps are elaborate. I actually wonder, if at least some parts of Maria's plan failed, would she have truly given her victims a chance at redemption? Or is it like Saw 3 Amanda's stuff where the traps were inescapable by default?

Because damn, something tells me Maria is not particularly interested in redemption, salvation and second chances...
I still think she's planning to "Rehabilitate" them and use them to take down okaya and/or maybe the principle later.

Edit: NEVERMIND!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bugs? Really?
I hope Maria's comfortable because it'll take a lonnnng time for the girl to die from bug bites.
I mean, I get "suspension of disbelief and all", but I really can't suspend my disbelief that far.
Centipedes have a neurotoxin in their venom... and with that many, she's going to die relatively quickly.
Centipedes are also carnivores, so there won't be too much left once they dig in.

Fed-Kun's army
there is it guys to whoever love to see the girl got "raped" lol, even a plus for anyone who's into "insect intercourse" tag

Dex-chan lover
Is it me or do these revenues feel... lackluster?

The only time she is truly mentally tearing them apart is within the same hour as she takes them out.

I was hoping for a gradual but inevitable destruction of their person, the destruction of their personal life, their finances and mental health.

I wanted her to break them, not coddle them with relatively quick end. I was hoping for a long and torturous path for the kids.

Wait, I guess I'm 'tarded. Someone explain to me the game. I thought if the girl has any one of her "friends" respond back to her, she's be set free and live right? Who cares if the guy told her to @#$% off - he responded back no? Or was Maria lying from the start (like the girl lies) and there was never any chance at repentance?
no she gets a sentence to say without being able to actually say “help me im gonna die” etc. Thats why she went for the “theres a rich uncle” route to make him go there without directly saying help

Users who are viewing this thread