Maria no Danzai - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - A Complete Mess

Oh, I know I could not win. I'm just disappointed in the fact about how his wife (SCHOOL NURSE) could basically beat up this kid. The husband is a cop and has done actual training to learn to take down men. Remember: Japan does not have guns. Their police learns martial arts meaning how to defend themselves.
A WOMEN IS NOT BEATING UP A TEENAGE BOY

Dex-chan lover
Dam that was kinda bad ass, but we know the father is going to get back up and beat the ever loving shit out of this guy.

Thanks everyone at Stressed Out Scans for the translation

Dex-chan lover

In Japan police officers don't carry firearms back to thier home.
Also in Japan police is trained to use firearm only when absolutely necessary, even when policeman is charged at by guy carrying a knife of metal bat they are expected to use unarmed takedowns or with assistanceof special bat. Police is forced to write down very detailed report when discharging a firearm for whatever reason and every round must be accounted for.
And in cities like Tokyo that are densly populated and walls are thin for missed shoot easily pass trough, risk of round harming a passerby or uninvolved civilian neighbor are high enough that police once again discouraged from reaching for firearm as first choice.
that's kinda common sens anywhere except in US lol

Dex-chan lover
I see two trends in the comments here:
  • Cop daddy is couldn't possibly lose to the delinquent boy because he's a trained police officer that knows martial arts. Until he went berserk from the family photo being damaged.
  • Cop daddy couldn't possibly win this fight because the delinquent has a knife. At the very least, his chance of winning unharmed are slim.
The way I see it, the situation is not a hypothetical and debate about trained unarmed officer vs amateur with a knife is basically pointless. The cop was clearly shown as having the upper hand, and the masked intruder was the one panicking until he grabbed the photo at random and saw the reaction it triggered. That was his chance, and the effect it had was likely way more disproportionate than he expected.

Last edited:
YOU GOOFY FUCKS ARE ALMOST BRINGING UP AGE........WHY DON'T U KARENS GIVE BIRTH TO ANOTHER MURDERER LIKE KLYE RITTENHOUSE
My brother in Christ, just stop. You being from the hood and supposedly beating up cops doesn't make you a superior being like ratatatat74 or terasu mc would make one believe.
WHITE AND ASIANS CANT FIGHT
Also, not cool being racist. I don't know who hurt you or what life experience you've gone through, but it's not an excuse to be so outwardly hostile to people on a manga forum page of all places.
I WOULD BEAT TF OUT OF THAT NIGGA AND THATS ON THE BOSS
It's very brave of you to say that you could beat a fictional character.

Enjoying the people in this comments section acting as if they would not also get their asses beaten by the blonde kid
right?!, like bro look jack as fuck and has a larger body, believe me when I say size makes a whole different in hand-to-hand, I'm more surprising that the police still has the strength to fight

Fed-Kun's army
Enjoying the people in this comments section acting as if they would not also get their asses beaten by the blonde kid
What’s ridiculous is not the kid winning, is the kid winning against a trained police officer because of a stupid reason.

Bro you are a detective the firt thing you shoukd do when someone breaks into your house is pull out your gun, beaten by a brat thats low of the low, i want that yellow head GONE, ripped to pieces

Contributor
Damn. Taiichirou had things under control until he let his emotions get the best of him. It was nice to see Kinugawa on the ground and in trouble for once, but his brute strength once again saves the day for him. Lucky for him they're in Japan where cops don't always carry guns and are fully trained to only use a service revolver as the very last resort. This isn't America where the opposite is true and a cop's typical first response is to pull a pistol and shoot at the first sign of unprompted movement.

I won't blame Taiichirou for losing this fight against a "kid" - what we are seeing here is a broken man who's already lost his family: his only son died and his wife coldly left him. I'd say something like that would break plenty of men. The state of his house says everything. Sure he could have taken on Kinugawa easily at his peak, but he is a hollow shell of his old self by now. His body has skills, but his mind is in pieces.

Yuda is already screwing things up badly for intervening in this. Taiichirou could have gotten the drop on Kinugawa and that could have been his downfall. Now it seems it really will be up to Maria to end him.

Users who are viewing this thread