Martial King's Retired Life

Group Leader
Nice.
tt4SOSw.png

i read a few chapter and if i got it right, MC gave up the 'normal martial way' of dealing with people and being at the 'apex' (fighting for money/resources and his life), to get involved with the politics of 'serving' the emperor?
like dealing with politics is at all any close to actually being retired? i am sure it isn't going to be boring for him, he will get involved with all kind of people and plotting... but retirement? LOL

@moonlight00 that's because he didn't want to be involved in all this politics, he was hoping to be something like a guard to the city gate and spend his time there doing basically nothing as he never expected for the capital to be attacked

This series is particularly interesting because the author has no idea how martial arts work (movementwise) and doesn't give any fucks to do research.

Group Leader
@tonicwalter That must've been why I had to film the real techniques referenced, such as 刀花, to explain to readers how it looked and functions. It must also be why he was able to explain the different types of footwork. Of course, it also explains why he knows wushu weapons no longer taught as part of the curriculum and was able to explain how it was wielded. Oh, there were also the chapters dedicated to dissecting the components of each style, too.

Thoroughly impressed with your research, buddy.

Group Leader
@Wujizun At approximately what chapter does the MC start using his super OP powers with no constraints?

Asking because I came here for power fantasy trash but I’ve been led on for ages now

Group Leader
@Wujizun
Got Enyss' response.

I'm not asking for face slapping, I'm asking at what chapter the MC starts using his powers instead of hiding them and starts beating everyone who is evil.

Group Leader
@JustNatsuki

I assumed you were after face slapping, as you stated, "... I came here for power fantasy trash"

Now, your question is confusing to me.

Firstly, he's already using some of his power; hasn't he already beat a bunch, killed another and is currently beating Jia Yunfeng?

Secondly, Lord San Shen and the master of Night Fortress, whom Ming Feizhen happens to be, weren't fighters of justice; they were associated with evil. The only "pure" people introduced thus far in the manhua are Su Xiao and Li Hongzhuang. Ming Feizhen isn't an enforcer of justice; he's a man trying to fix past mistakes, protect friends and move on with his life.

Thirdly, right from the beginning, it was established that not even being invincible, as Ming Feizhen was, could fix all the problems. That led to him choosing to stop involving himself with the pugilistic world. In other words, revealing his powers didn't fix anything. Instead, he left a mess he's trying to clean up as we're witnessing. In short, might doesn't solve all of the problems in this world and evidently created more.

Fourth, revealing his various identities would jeopardise all those around him, so it hardly makes sense for him to use his unique skills that'd instantly reveal his identity. For the record, he doesn't have many unique skills. He's trying to lay low. Also, MFZ has yet to run into anyone who's challenging enough to force him to go all-out.

In summary, if you're here to see him physically slay evil at every turn, you're in the wrong place. If you're looking for a story where good and evil are blurred, and not every problem can be resolved using violence, welcome aboard. Hopefully, that's a sufficiently comprehensive answer.

Users who are viewing this thread