Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara wo Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Girl and a Star Crystal

Double-page supporter
Six days have passed since it was uploaded to the site.
How is it possible that the problem of missing the last two pages still hasn't been solved?
Do you have to write it on the forum or do you report with the report button is it useful in this case? o_O

Dex-chan lover
The world of nobles is al about status.

Judging by all the manga/novels I have read with harems, the position of first wife is significant in both status and responsibility. The first wife is the REAL wife responsible for giving birth to the heir and taking care of the husband. The others are decrementally lower in status and by the nth wife are not much different from mistresses.

list of grievances:
-Giving some responsibility to the house hold to the first wife (in charge of finance) is acceptable, but given her work load he is clearly shoving more than he should.

-Even at the request of the mother-in-law, the work of servants should never be done by a noble as it is beneath them and insults their status. The husband can not be so ignorant as to not know this happened and yet he never brought it up.

-The husband should ride in the carriage with the first wife and they should lead. For the husband to sit with the second wife AND have the first wife intentionally trail behind is not just preferential but insulting to her status. (He could have sat with the second wife but had the first wife lead to show he at least respects her position of status.)

-Why bring a wife to a party and then bar her from entry? If he knew about the restriction, then he should have just asked her to stay behind. So the party mishap was likely due the the second wife. But even still, did he never question where she was? Why not find and apologize to the first wife, or at least send a servant to relay his apologies?

-The last to enter the party is the most important. Having his wife enter first was an insult. ( Considering the engagement announcement it makes sense to enter with the host. This is excusable but not very nice.)

-Even if the husband had to attend an after party and could not find the first wife, the proper procedure was to at least send a servant to look for her and relay the message. And why not bring his fist wife to attend?

I read some other comments that said that the husband was showing favoritism to the second wife because of what is expected of his soon to be heir. And that he has shown no real malicious attitude or aggression twords the MC and his mother. But the subtleties speak volumes in the noble society and he has clearly not been treating them with the status and respect they deserve.

Since divorce probably does not exist in the world (or at least not unless under extreme circumstances) then the first wife might have trouble laying her grounds for running away with her child. Although I agree with her decision her only argument was neglect an insult/mistreatment of status.

I am interested in how she makes her statement to her homeland.

If the 1st wife is truly a princess, then the dad of MC fucked up big. Like that's your 1st WIFE, who is a princess to a kingdom and you let your 2nd wife treat her shit cause your 2nd son has more potential???

Also they would be laughed at in a noble society for treating his 1st wife the way he did, what would most likely happen is that the 2nd son would become 1st son, but the 1st wife would still be the "main" wife.

Also isn't it really weird to only have 1 child with your 1st wife???

Dex-chan lover
Kinda feels like that girl who suppose to be his half brothers wife accepted his proposal before his half bro had a chance

Fed-Kun's army
@UnknownSaint111 I think it's kind of stupid that he said he see's his mom like a "older sister" rather than a mother since he has the memory of his past life.. So, why in the hell would he want his "fathers" approval? I'd spit as his feet, grab moms hand and bounce out of dat shitty place.

Double-page supporter
@CraniumAmbiguity
0mKXcg1

Double-page supporter
Fatherland? What is Olivia talking about?
Well its the Kaiser of the Deutschland ofcourse :)

Thanks for the chapter!
That father is really an idiot. Playing favoritism based solely on the skills his kids inherited. MC is definitely better choice because is putting in effort and striving to learn. Haven't seen Grint doing anything so can't say for sure but personality seems like type to rely on skill rather than effort and studying to succeed resulting in a lot of untapped potential. Anyone know why or if going to be revealed later why Grint and Camilla are so determined to humiliate and bully Olivia and the MC? Granted it could be jealousy of being second wife rather than first, but Grint and MC still have the same father and related by blood. So putting MC down is the same as putting down the father's part of MC. Then again, wouldn't be the first time a mother and son were running on an emotional high of usurping the position of a fellow family member while doing all sorts of damage for personal satisfaction with some twisted logic of being higher classed the more they lower and humiliate someone they consider beneath them and ignoring all family, blood, and moral obligations.

Btw, reason he was able to detox two flowers without headache versus the mold that gave him a headache is due to Gift of Training. Likely a full explanation will be given around the time when it's discovered he can absorb power from magic stones leading to the prologue of a king and Olivia bringing him to that big magic stone. Also, in LN the whole flower becomes poisonous once it blooms, not before. That and explanation on what the meaning is behind a man giving a Star Crystal to a woman was done right after he gave one to Olivia. Wonder if this means Olivia and Claune accept each other as fellow maidens tied to Ain with that meaning. As for the other two Star Crystals in the kingdom both are held by the royal family, one is worn by the queen, and the other is attached to a sword that's considered a national treasure.

@CraniumAmbiguity
Agree father is playing too much favoritism and treating Olivia badly, especially leaving party without her. However, while he probably doesn't care or bothered to look into it he probably didn't know could only bring one child. MC notes on page 8 that it was probably Camilla's doing hence the excuse to bring Grint in first while leaving the first wife and MC outside.

@sjmcc13 Agree Grint not likely to be directly involved other than hoarding time with father so MC is distanced more. I'm saying attending party while knowing only one child can enter is probably just Camilla's doing with Grint only following obediently and father not knowing until after entered but not really caring even if did hear about it. Frankly Camilla seems too greedy and petty for a noble trying to get everything for Grint and leaving nothing for MC despite MC also being her husband's son and Grint's older half brother. Hopefully she gets personally punished for all he misdeeds.

Dex-chan lover
@Mathiason : I think Grint is not directly involved, it feels to me like they are trying to generate a scene to reinforce the bad reputation he has (likely also from lies they have spread) to help justify choosing Grint as the successor.

Dex-chan lover
Yes! Mama is packing and moving away with her child, bravo! Also I wouldn't have pulled it off better with that proposal, it was just perfect...

Also he gets to have two wives and only favors one... That damned fool, how dare he! Because of stuff like this we can't have our own harems!! (lol)

Fed-Kun's army
@sjmcc13 In terms of "skill" the little brother has it better from the view-point of the worlds people, but since it was given to him directly by a god you know he's OP. It's also Grints mother that made the situation it is.
Grints mother started the rumor campaign about our MC and indirectly ruined her house, I'm sure in the next few chapters you actually find out who the MC and his mother are. Well, how his father treated him doesn't bode well at all with the royalty of the kingdom their from and also the kingdom they are in. His father loses everything. So, in turn she caused the downfall of their family by trying to raise Grint above our MC.

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03 : No, just better from the view of their muscle headed nation, and even then the difference in value is purely on known worth versus doing nothing to investigate the value of MC's skill.
I mean it takes Grandpa seconds to start listing of uses for MC's skill, including extremely valuable ones financially, but he is from a much more advanced continent sized nation.

Fed-Kun's army
@sjmcc13 Very true, but maybe how different they value whats in plain sight? Ya know, the same like saying "Hero" is better than "Knight" and that's how they value the person.

Users who are viewing this thread