Mata, Kata Omou. - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Again

Double-page supporter
the ending feels as if you went on some grand adventure to save the world, ultimately failed in defeating the demon king, but the goddess who was looking over you said "ehh...you win anyway!"

im mean...its nice to have a good ending, but it kinda just makes you think "well what was the point?could you have done that since the beginning?" its not even as if she learned some valuable "lesson" or "theme" other than the obvious dont take things for granted

plenty of other things to say, but yeah, it seems it was axed so other people have mentioned it. series was ok, very nice concept, but subpar execution

Dex-chan lover
this ending was weak, actually weak, like the fuck? what even happened? is the thing about her using the winter uniform suppose to hint that this is a 3rd universe? if not, then its the 1st one but he didnt die yet? will he die later? or what? also the moment when her soul left her body, that the 1st world spirit leaving the 2nd world body right? then they didnt merge and the 2nd world spirit is just fine?

man i liked this but this feels imcomplete as fuck, what about the volleyball girl and the blonde asshole friend?, is he gonna be a constant thorn on their relationship on every universe?

man im tired

I'm so confused so was she sent into a new universe hes alive or was sent back in time. Also what was her parting words to the ghost.

Feel bad for ghost forced to wander the cosmos alone.

Why did it end like this.... I refuse this ending.... There could be so much more... But really good story.. I was so invested....

Thanks for the update.
I've been preparing myself for this chapter, seriously this gives me anxiety XD but I kept reading anyway. At least this series is finished though not in a way that makes the readers happy.

Aggregator gang
Is there a genius with the power to read in the author's mind who can explain to me how they solved the problem in the end?

@NamelessSoldier rereading it seems she sent her into a new universe where he doesnt die since he says why your wearing your winter uniform so in that timeline its spring for them or maybe summer.

It's okay but that means in one timeline both of them are gone and what happens to the her of that timeline do they become one person. Its okay ending put definitely not a happy ending for everyone.

Here goes another manga where it really feels as if the author had a good plot idea but had no clue whatsoever about how the story should unfold. It's a shame, it was a nice start... but the fact that the author didn't know where they were going started to show halfway through. And now we got this ending.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank fuck this is over, because this was a fucking trash manga

Double-page supporter
it feels like we've had 18 chapters of progress all undone at the last. i'm fine with it as long as the suffering stops but it leaves a lesser experience.

either way thank you translator team for finishing this up with no small thanks to kyuusarii for getting the ball rolling again.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm confused. This seems like a poorly planned ending.

I think what happened was this: the divine/demonic pact that she had came to fruition once Nogata in that one timeline remembered what happened in the timeline he died. Since that was the case, Kiyose collapsed as her spirit left so that Tsuara could go in and die. This was pre-ordained. Kiyose, as her spirit left, instead of getting mad, just said the titular line. This moved Tsuara so much to either create or send Kiyose to a world where Nogata didn't die in the accident, but the two were dating. But like... if Tsuara could do that, why didn't she from the getgo? She didn't seem to be happy about dragging Kiyose into a world where she was going to die. Did there have to be some sort of karmic balancing, where just as Nogata came to understand something he had to go through loss, just like Kiyose did? I don't get it. I really don't get it. It's like this whole thing didn't have to happen, it just did because of a divine whim.

All told, a confusing end to what was a really engaging and driving story. I really liked the switch from "kyaaa, two boys are fighting over me, what do I do" to "oh god, I lost someone I loved and I never got to tell him I loved him" gut punch. The alternate reality in which she never belonged and shouldn't be added this whole other layer of sadness and mysticism. From the start, she knew she didn't belong; and at no point did she root for herself to steal away the alternate reality Nogata nor were we, the audience, supposed to be rooting for her to do so. I loved the art and the character designs, too, the artist always makes the cutest black-haired heroines. But it felt like it just couldn't stick the landing.

Users who are viewing this thread