Mata, Kata Omou. - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Again

Double-page supporter
bro wait i actually loved that

it didnt seem too axed to me but you could still tell. it's a really amazing story.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow. I actually really liked that. The ending wasn't that axed, a satisfying ending: Alternate universe Nogata is still in love with Manami, Current universe Nogata is still dating Kiyose. It satisfied me, and that's enough for me. Great read! kinda wonky at the start but now it's better

I don't know why people don't like this ending. For me, this ending is good, no.., great. Maybe not perfect but it is really great.
The opinions of
- the story is rushing : hmm duh, the whole world is rejecting you. What do you expect ? That you and a powerful being can just go against the world and let you have some more months to play around your house game ? Wake up ! And this is some kind of lesson to MC that world doesn't revolve around you. If you want to do sth, do it now.

- Incomplete / plot with the volleyball girl or the other world: That is for another story but not this one. The theme here is telling your feeling before it is too late. If you can't tell fast enough then tough luck to you. Well and MC sure is having godly luck

- Why don't the power girl just resurrect the boy: Duh you are reading the book or not ? If no , just reread it. The whole point is that the new girl doesn't confess the 2nd time and as the soul is rejected, the power girl can take over MC body and she can kill himself, which makes MC take over the role of white girl: a lonely soul who wanders thousand years and seeks the next victim ( unless she can do sth else)

- Look like MC goes to 3rd world. if so, will she be rejected again ? Hmm, the whole point of rejecting the MC is that the existence of MC in the 2nd world is illogical. There were another girl already and the MC fate in 2nd world is supposed to tangle with the 2 boys. The power girl has a clear purpose to take MC to that world because MC will be the target and her soul will be rejected.
But in the 3rd world, apart from timeline (winter vs summer), how on earth , MC would be opposed here ? So from that logic line, MC will survive fine in the 3rd world.

The story pace is good and the ending was faster than earlier chapter to give you the feeling: When things happen too fast and you didn't do the thing what you wanted to do.
And to give the MC another chance (the 3rd world maybe) , I think it is wise from author. I doubt that the ending where MC is dead would be better than this one.

Trying to defend the manga here because I saw a lot of people hating on this great story. But still these are only my opinion.

Good ending, solved everything and also made Shiho's wish come true, still wondering why people hate it.

kinda weird ending, i thought the kid cant turn back the time(?)

still a good read nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
Was expecting her to be rejected by the world and die while also replacing nogata's supposed death (since parallel universe had similar events, nogata should die in a similar traffic accident too). Then tsurara can do her deus ex machina or something else. Could have been at least more impactful albeit still cliche than this.

If there was a similar universe where nogata was alive and they dated, why didn't they do that in the first place? Really irks me off too. Needs more explanation, I feel like it's the original universe and that nogata dying was just an illusion/act by tsurara in the first place. Regardless of the ending I really liked this manga.

Also, imagine if tsurara didn't intervene in the parallel universe. We'd have a childhood friend vs transfer student story and I truly believe kiyose would have won there (sorry manami).

Last edited:
this ending was weak, actually weak, like the fuck? what even happened? is the thing about her using the winter uniform suppose to hint that this is a 3rd universe? if not, then its the 1st one but he didnt die yet? will he die later? or what? also the moment when her soul left her body, that the 1st world spirit leaving the 2nd world body right? then they didnt merge and the 2nd world spirit is just fine?

man i liked this but this feels imcomplete as fuck, what about the volleyball girl and the blonde asshole friend?, is he gonna be a constant thorn on their relationship on every universe?

man im
Where is your profile picture from?
WHAT IS THIS ENDING
Where is your profile picture from?

I feel as though the story had such a sharp twist, so unnatural to progression that I’d even rather the tragedy end to this axed mess. The cyclical cycle of abuse that the ending was thrown through feels like a dead cat in a spin cycle, my discontent is immeasurable and my year has been obliterated.

Good story 7.3/10

Dex-chan lover
Okay so, I'm mildly dissatisfied with the ending, but here's how I think it played out. Tsurara was in evil spirit but not quite a yokai that feeds off the bitterness of unrequited lovers by granting them monkey paw wishes. I think her plan was to feed off of Shiho's bitterness and regret as she died to fuel her continued transformation into a complete yokai, but Tsurara felt pity for her so instead she decided to turn her into a spirit and die in Shiho's body. However, instead of cursing her at the end, Shiho gave her words of gratitude and forgiveness so Tsurara used up her accumulated power to pull the strings of fate once again and put her into a new path. There was a comment near the beginning about calling him, so I think maybe Tsurara put Shiho in a world where she called Nogata the next morning and that delayed his departure from home long enough for him to not have the accident that killed him in the original world.

Users who are viewing this thread