Matagi Gunner - Ch. 28 - Let’s Talk About Your Future Job

Dex-chan lover
I like that despite how Yamano is a stoic old man, he is actually really open-minded and forward thinker, usually character like Yamano is portrayed as an old thinker and old-fashioned who want to preserve Matagi as a job no matter what.
He is willing to do other jobs when heard his daughter wants to go to university. He also stated the sad fact that Matagi has no future and should not be the aspiration for the main job for a youngster. yet he didn't completely reject Riko's plan to make it to University and join the hunting club as a hobby first.

Dex-chan lover
I like that despite how Yamano is a stoic old man, he is actually really open-minded and forward thinker, usually character like Yamano is portrayed as an old thinker and old-fashioned who want to preserve Matagi as a job no matter what.
He is willing to do other jobs when heard his daughter wants to go to university. He also stated the sad fact that Matagi has no future and should not be the aspiration for the main job for a youngster. yet he didn't completely reject Riko's plan to make it to University and join the hunting club as a hobby first.
Very much agree with this, it's a refreshingly realistic cool eyed look, which IME is quite realistic for actual hunters. I feel it too, there's a real difference between people who see something as romantic or a sport vs it being a matter of simple economics and survival. Parents want better for their children, a lot of people work incredibly hard at awful jobs that they'd never want their kid to take up in turn. But as you say, it's still nice to keep some connection back. I'm not a farmer or woodsman as a career as some who came before were, but I still do some growing and forestry, helping maintain trails and such. A bad season doesn't mean I go hungry, but I also have some hands on appreciation for what my grandparents/greatgrandparents did to help make the life we have today. Nice balance struck in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
no matter how stern and stoic a father is, once he held his grandchild, he melts

I know because my father would have killed me if i had done what my toddlers did

cgr

Dex-chan lover
this series became deeper than I expected:

I wonder what MC will do, and what impact he will truly make, now that he's basically at the crossroads of both jobs and both generations.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sofia looked so kind for a moment and was so happy explaining e-sports to Shirokane. You almost forgot she was paying noobs and bullying low elo players. Maybe she really learned her lesson. At least she see's the future of E-Sports with Shirokane. Seeing her get triggered at the mention of Yamano was pretty funny.

Hitonari was very blunt with Riko. Being a Matagi won't cut it anymore with the modernization of life. Hunting can no longer sustain anybody, because there's no need to hunt animals for profit anymore. Riko did the right thing by making Matagi secondary to her studies. She can still be a good hunter as a hobby.

It was sad seeing Masuko and Hitonari suffer so much to help bring Sonoko to school, but at the end it seems worth it. Because by doing so, she had Riko, and that made Hitonari so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread