Matagi Gunner - Ch. 47 - Because There’s a Mountain

Group Leader
idk if im stupid or its simply unclear but ive seen the LCQ qualiication chart many times in all those chapters and stil dont know wtf its triying to say

Double-page supporter
idk if im stupid or its simply unclear but ive seen the LCQ qualiication chart many times in all those chapters and stil dont know wtf its triying to say
the world championship has 40 teams.

you start with the playoff with 50, im assuming professional, teams. the top 30 teams advance to the championship. the 20 losers move and take part in the lcq #2(last chance qualifier).

the lcq #1 is open to anyone (non professional teams). the top 20 teams move to lcq#2

In lcq#2, the winners from lcq#1 face off against the 20 losers from the playoff series. of these 40 (20 from playoff and 20 from lcq#1) teams in this qualifier only 2 teams from each region (guessing north asia, south asia, europe, north america and south america) move on, for a total of 10

those 10 will advance to join the 30 teams from the playoffs to form the the 40 teams for the world championship

Group Leader
K so they shit the bed playing the playoffs so they just took part in lcq2 and came 1st? Wtf are they playing next?
the world championship has 40 teams.

you start with the playoff with 50, im assuming professional, teams. the top 30 teams advance to the championship. the 20 losers move and take part in the lcq #2(last chance qualifier).

the lcq #1 is open to anyone (non professional teams). the top 20 teams move to lcq#2

In lcq#2, the winners from lcq#1 face off against the 20 losers from the playoff series. of these 40 (20 from playoff and 20 from lcq#1) teams in this qualifier only 2 teams from each region (guessing north asia, south asia, europe, north america and south america) move on, for a total of 10

those 10 will advance to join the 30 teams from the playoffs to form the the 40 teams for the world championship

Dex-chan lover
should've ride the chopper to the summit of Mt. Fuji. but that wouldn't be as satisfying, i guess :pepehmm:

So they decide to climb a mountain, bought "the latest mountaineering equipment", and yet not had a single stick?
They bought oxygen but not a walking stick? Really?

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure climbing Mount Fuji is more exhausting than an intense gaming session. Especially for an amateur like Sofia! I'm sure Meg and Yamano had fun though. And Shota and Hino must have been quite thrilled to be at the bear park!

The fact that dark horses are beating skilled professional teams is interesting. Why this year? Yamano's a fluke, so where are these other teams coming from?
So they decide to climb a mountain, bought "the latest mountaineering equipment", and yet not had a single stick?
They bought oxygen but not a walking stick? Really?
Sofia probably thought such "low-tech" gear wasn't helpful.

Double-page supporter
K so they shit the bed playing the playoffs so they just took part in lcq2 and came 1st? Wtf are they playing next?
not quite, they didnt take part in the playoffs, they just won the lcq1.

the playoffs are the main avenue to the championships. think of the lcqs as a bottom brackets in a double elimination tournament.

Group Leader
not quite, they didnt take part in the playoffs, they just won the lcq1.

the playoffs are the main avenue to the championships. think of the lcqs as a bottom brackets in a double elimination tournament.
but i thought the first tournament they played was the 50 team one. they were bottom 20 so they should have been seeded straight to lcq 2?

Double-page supporter
but i thought the first tournament they played was the 50 team one. they were bottom 20 so they should have been seeded straight to lcq 2?
im so sorry your right. i just went back and reread it. uhh, so they started in the preseason qualifier which is the tournament to qualify for the playoffs. those that lose go to lcq1. then those that lose in the playoffs go to lcq2 to face grandpa team.

i made an images that hopefully clear it all up

Group Leader
Jizzus Christ I can't decide whether the game or the tournament structure is more convoluted
im so sorry your right. i just went back and reread it. uhh, so they started in the preseason qualifier which is the tournament to qualify for the playoffs. those that lose go to lcq1. then those that lose in the playoffs go to lcq2 to face grandpa team.

i made an images that hopefully clear it all up

Users who are viewing this thread