Matagi Gunner - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Too Fast for the Eyes to Follow

Dex-chan lover
A problem here is in interpretting the word “cheat”. Because of asshats, it has acquired a more general meaning than violation of the rules. It could simply refer to making use of a glitch in the program.
she was using something similar to a DLL Injecter clearly. It was just portrayed as if she was doping herself in-game.

Dex-chan lover
she was using something similar to a DLL Injecter clearly. It was just portrayed as if she was doping herself in-game.
To have such a thing in a computer game means that the program [1] normally provided for injections or [2] was hacked to do so. If it normally provides for injections, then her use of the specific injection involved one of three things: [1a] an injection deliberately supported by the developers, [1b] a bug, or [1c] a hack. I have covered all these cases in prior discussion.

Dex-chan lover
That's not giving the story the benefit of the doubt; that's holding it in contempt.

Not to advance in a tournament with the violation widely observed.

No team team was allowed to advance when their use of the bug was observed. It is as if you are working not to get the point.
So, basically, the latest chapter shows that all your grandstanding was ignored, because these are actual cheats, and not exploits.

Dex-chan lover
So, basically, the latest chapter shows that all your grandstanding was ignored, because these are actual cheats, and not exploits.
So basically I explained why the situation was more ambiguous than you thought, and you resented my doing so.

Now, if you'll notice, the cheating shown in the latest chapter is said to be concealed from the administrators, while whatever occurred in the earlier chapter was widely observed. You gonna get your head around that, eventually?

If she violated the rules in the earlier chapter, then the writing is broken, because she couldn't have advanced afterward. It would be like someone in the semifinals at Wimbledon substituting a beach ball. And I admitted that the writing might be broken, but said that we should assume otherwise at that stage. We should still assume otherwise, because of the matter of observability. If-and-when we see clear proof that the writer has done something really stupid, then it will be a different matter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Now, if you'll notice, the cheating shown in the latest chapter is said to be concealed from the administrators, while whatever occurred in the earlier chapter was widely observed. You gonna get your head around that, eventually?
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. Killcat did cheats live in front of everyone, so yes, it's a cheat no matter what you say.
If she violated the rules in the earlier chapter, then the writing is broken, because she couldn't have advanced afterward. It would be like someone in the semifinals at Wimbledon substituting a beach ball.
And she did violate the rules. Why do you keep talking as if she isn't?

Dex-chan lover
And she did violate the rules. Why do you keep talking as if she isn't?
Why do you keep begging the question?

Killcat used what was called a “cheat”, but as I noted in my very first comment, the meaning of that term has been unfortunately extended, and may not refer to a violation of the rules.

I've already previously discussed each possibility. The story is more badly written if she observably violated the rules; under her best possible outcome, she would be disqualified and her opponents would advance. But if, instead, she did something within the rules but considered cheap, then she might still have advanced.

Hence, the newer meaning of “cheat” should be considered until events within the story actually rule that out, which they haven't yet, despite your mistaken hopes and mistaken belief that you'd be vindicated if they did. (Your reasoning has been flawed, no matter where the story goes.)

Dex-chan lover
@Extreme-Tactician:

And now, in chapter 24, we observe that people whom the administrators observe violating the rules and whom the administrators can identify are swiftly banned.

So, if Killcat's earlier behavior was a violation of the rules, then the story is even more badly broken. But, if in her case “cheat” was used in an extended sense, then the story isn't off the rails.

Users who are viewing this thread