Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Tea Time

Man it would be awesome to see Lefay yank out a claymore when you diss tea...

wait a sec... "Lefay".... Could it be.... THAT Lefay?

Dex-chan lover
First time I tried deep frying, it turned into a flambé. It was hard cleaning the walls afterwards.
orz

Fun Fact: tank crews take their tea time inside their MBTs. No matter where and when

Fed-Kun's army
"Dirty water thing"... elf-blob-loli, I'm really disappointed with you.

An isekai-ed characters spreading the tea culture among the locals? Lefay would surely become friend with a certain duchess
the_duchess_50_tea_recipes_cover.jpg

@OP_Zed it's a custom dating that dates back to WW2 to avoid sniper fire.

wow not all british people like tea.... i for one can't stand it and the idea of adding butter and salt makes me think it'd be worse

Dirty water with tea, I imagine they would call coffee muddy water if it was introduced instead

Double-page supporter
@0jama-rainbow I get you, would you believe it's in fashion in my country (USA) to put butter in your coffee now? It makes me shudder.
In theory, since fat slows digestion, the caffeine in the coffee is absorbed slower and provides longer-lasting energy. But to me it's just gross.

Edit:
@OP_Zed To this day all UK tanks are equipped with hot water heater to make tea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWmDHO_0P5Q

Double-page supporter
The lore is getting really interesting though. Humans have been periodically finding their way to this world somehow, and have intermingled with them and we see the genetic differences that it causes down the line. What we thought of as elves are just human's preconceived notions of what elves are, and thus when humans made their way into this world they immediately thought the pointy eared race are elves and named them so. Since then, the pointy eared race started referring to themselves as elves as well. I wonder what the dwarves would offer us in terms of lore from this world.

@Mojo i wouldn't exactly know about trends either i don't really drink tea or coffee in general but i'll take your word for it being a thing

Dex-chan lover
Every time I think "it might not be so bad to stay in that world," I remind myself that they will effing cut your head off for wasting food. Then I think "oh, better find your way home soon!" 🤣

Thank you for the tl! You guys are zooming
It is really nice that the author is branching out from the stereotypical cuisine and is using foods that match the setting! One of the things I like about cooking manga is being introduced to new foods so I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would 😊

Users who are viewing this thread