Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Tea Time

Group Leader
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
So they actually are neither dwarves nor gnomes but pixies from the north pole? Whats next, Santa Orc?

Dex-chan lover
What kind of bloody savage uses hot water and not boiling water to make their tea?

Double-page supporter
10/10 based TL's releasing this at the speed of light

Aggregator gang
Did that little elf really tell her not to judge before she tries it when that’s exactly what they’re doing?!?!
Some serious favouritism going on there lol

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, are we gonna get some tonttu action?

A nisse (Danish: [ˈne̝sə], Norwegian: [ˈnɪ̂sːɛ]), tomte (Swedish: [ˈtɔ̂mːtɛ]), tomtenisse, or tonttu (Finnish: [ˈtontːu]) is a mythological creature from Nordic folklore today typically associated with the winter solstice and the Christmas season. They are generally described as being short, having a long white beard, and wearing a conical or knit cap in red or some other bright colour. They often have an appearance somewhat similar to that of a garden gnome.

Might be a porridge chapter

One was also required to please the spirit with gifts (see Blót) – a particular gift was a bowl of porridge on Christmas Eve. If the tomte was not given his payment, he would leave the farm or house, or engage in mischief such as tying the cows' tails together in the barn, turning objects upside-down, and breaking things (like a troll). The nisse liked his porridge with a pat of butter on the top.

Dex-chan lover
Lefay sounds like Spiff. People don't like tea? Invade and colonize them. Then sell them tea.

Translators are releasing this quite fast. Thank you!
The butter tea surprised me, for how non-Japanese it is (Tibetan). Props for the author for looking a bit wider than just "western" food in Japan.
@darekpawlo tea is for plebs, coffee is for plebs, the objectively superior choice is... yerba mate. :^)

Dex-chan lover
Deep frying can be scary if done half-assed. Always do proper preparations and research before doing a dish until you're experienced enough.

Aggregator gang
British and their tea............. wait aren't the japanese the same when it comes to tea.

Honestly I'm a coffee guy I only drink milk tea.

Dex-chan lover
@Jarkko
It seems many cultures have their own spin on inchlings/sprites. There's gnomes, brownies, duendes, and many more of varying size and temperament.
One of my favorite animations from Newgrounds had a Tomte as a protagonist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuvkuOwmIfc

Users who are viewing this thread