Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Pleasure and Daemon

Double-page supporter
So this little Malaka is some missionary religious fanatic opposed to worldly things...and he came from pre-Christian Athens?

What is his religion the equivalent of, anyway? Last I checked Stoics, Epicureans, the Mystery Cults, etc., etc. don't generally proselytize or have monastic orders and stuff.

Contributor
@fulldiver
Epicurus was remembered as many things by his followers, one of which was a savior. So it’s a liberal take, but not exactly wrong.

Say

Group Leader
@FullDiver I'm not the translator here so some things are out of my reach, though thank you for pointing it out. Ours was a bit of a liberal take on the epi-sensei, since abbreviated greek names sound a bit off.
But it is all confirmed that he is not a christian, there is no mistake to the fact that he is from long before the birth of christ.

Dex-chan lover
I'm having Age of Mythology flashback just from the kids name. So...

Etimos? Or lis bolli!

@Fulldiver nice work. Yeah Zoroastrianism had savior figures called Sashoyant or something like that. Judaism at the time (assuming that as a metis he's from the pre-Alexandrian democracy) hadn't really solidified the doctrine of a single, history-ending messiah and any important savior figure might be called a messiah.

And yeah there's nothing that says there has to be a consistent timeline between two worlds, people coming to the same time from different times isn't any stranger than being pulled between worlds in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
They may all originate from the same earth but my guess is that they are from different ones.

I mean, considering they suddenly ended up in a different world/planet/universe indicates potential multiverses, so I would not discount that possibility just yet.

He may very well be from a world where these myths/stories were just that, stories.

Which might mean this world is world that lays "below" these worlds, like a drain where "errors" end up in.

Dex-chan lover
Why is a Greek calling it "vinum"? If he's Greek, it should be "oinos" (οἶνος) to him.

Dex-chan lover
Modern Greek cuisine is an interesting mishmash of native Greek food, food from neighboring countries, and food from past invaders. Once he starting making the béchamel (naturally a French influence), seemed likely it would be pastitsio or moussaka. And was not surprised when our new character doesn't recognize it.

New development makes me wonder what the rules of this isekai world is.

@ Scrabbleman
I wouldn't say she's inconsistent, it seems like she has lived for a very long time and probably traveled a lot so having knowledge of modern japan isn't that farfetched before she got isekaied, for all we know she could be inmortal.

Lefay is either some demigod/fae from earth or immortal or time traveler

Or combination any of them

Ya got to love multiverse travel, the concept of time is ever changing and never fixed

Users who are viewing this thread