Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi

Power Uploader
If you think that this manga will be translated because "Pick this up PLS Scans" I want remaind you that one year ago this manga got one translated chapter and today is still not translated.
As you see this manga is not enough interesting to be translated by someone.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't even notice that year going by since I read the first chapter...

Currently, there are 55 raw chapters. This could really boost a new scanlation group's popularity if they pick it up.

Japanese man teaches terminally retarded elves how to cook superior nippon cuisine.

Contributor
Series seems to have been finally picked up, it seems. We’ll see what happens. I’m excited to read it!

Dunno why that one person kept saying doom and gloom over it. Wonder if they personally hated it or something. XD

@eyeshinobi This one was launched at 15 Jul,2017 and Isekai Ryouridou was launched at 29 sep,2017. So in short, Isekai Ryouridou is copycat of this one, but did it better than this.

I really respect the decision to make elves central asian nomads with embroidered carpets. It's a lot of work to put all those details into the background.

@eduplicate - Completely Agreed. The character design was on point so I gave it a shot. I have been a little wary of the Isekai genre since the tsunami of incredibly mediocre video game+isekai, but this one gives me Heterogeneous Linguistics and Tenju no Kuni vibes.

@dankdevice - Zelda CD-i Wizard resemblance is absolutely uncanny.

Story wise it reminds me somewhat of "Cooking with Wild Game"
but the art style and story telling makes me curious to see where the story goes

Double-page supporter
As long as you can suspend the disbelief as to how such a culture doesn't know cooking, then this is quite a nice series. There are touches of...humanity? elvenity?...about these Central Asian-esque elf nomads, like how they embraced the MC as part of the clan, or how the bride girl actually had a choice, or how the MC is not, aside from the cooking, some sort of Technological Revolutionary Japanese Ubermensch here to Civilize the Savages.

Now let's just hope there isn't elf-Temujin running around...

All these characters look like they were copied from other mangas. And the story isn't very original. I dont know if i wanna read this..

This is a hard to translate series, as there are a lot of historic figure references to the characters and plot. All the way back to like ancient Greek ideas, ancient Chinese character, to like wwII solider.

Fed-Kun's army
A premise where a civilisation doesn't try to improve the food experience is on very thin ice

but the manga itself is amusing enough that I'll ignore how awful the premise is

Ok so far its not a bad read I look forward to more but there are some points that have recently occured that peeved me off.
Ive gone thru some comments and nobody questioned if this dude even has a brain or situational awareness. id like to point out that the MC couldve made a metric shit ton of money. But he doesnt, instead he opts to be the kewl and nice guy by showing his cards in a step by step guide so could trim him off and get a cheaper supplier, if the merchant was good at their job, and helping the same merchant that got themselves into shitty situation by accepting an unreasonable request ,just for the money, where he is not required to help. Yet he helps for no benefit besides being buddy buddy with potential business partners ,that know the production of his products. I could go more indepth on what couldve gone down but im no expert and could be talking out of my ass.

Aggregator gang
@newhek it's almost like the author want to write a story about central/middle east asian culture, but Otoyomegatari already did it so the author move the setting to fantasy world with fantasy race but still mostly central/middle east asian culture... and hey, now the author doesn't really need to care about historical and cultural accuracy anymore, make it easier for the author...

Sadly tho, that's where the similarity end. The premise of the story is too different, almost opposite of the Otoyomegatari. In otoyomegatari, it's about an outsider learning and observing the wonderful culture of central/middle east asia, while here it's about an outsider who teach the elf how to cook a superior japanese food...

@Laughing_Snake funnily enough, IRL the use of spice is started in the area where food is hard to preserve like in the hot or humid place, exactly like the place where the elf live... In fact, the first spice trade from south east asia is to middle east country, a long before european.

Users who are viewing this thread