Meccha Shoukan Sareta Ken - Vol. 6 Ch. 25

the whole point is that he eschews classical logic/rational actor stuff to begin with, the operating "logic" is typically "i feel like it" or "i feel like it'll be annoying later if i don't."
"I'm curious how pissed off you'd be, and how strong you are exactly, so here, i'll taunt you and get you to use max power." "I wanna see if you actually can convince me, i read about that talk-no-jutsu bullcrap in typical shounens, so what does that actually feel like?" "I have an idea, i believe, of why you're doing this... but i'll ask because it never hurts to know more."
It's not "go with the flow," it's "set his own flow." Which is why he gives no fucks about training except to get people to stop nagging at him (and then stops as soon as the nagging falls behind his annoyance/pain/fatigue). Which is why he helps out picking the present, because he is interested by aaliyah, because her behavior has written that into his flow.

Condescending assholes go "inexperienced! poorly written!" not understanding that it's meant to be impulsive, inconsistent, and filled with double standards.
He's a high schooler, and especially childish and petulant... and brutal. You're declaring it "bad writing" because you like the funny overblown and harmless chuuni trope, not this logical extreme of that very same.
People IRL use double standards all the fucking time, especially foreign policy and politics, but one sociopath using it in everyday life is enough to set you off? What "poorly written," there's people out there firebombing cities and looting resources under the name of democracy.

edit:
if you want to accuse the author, accuse him of self-reporting some very creepy tendencies/freudian slips, but don't accuse him of making a shit character when all he did was make a character operate off of fundamentally different principles. (have none of you heard of NIMBYs? the classic "got mine, fuck you" attitude? the lolbertarians saying all authority and rules and laws are bad?)
Otherwise a guy could write about a real, living phrenologist (or better yet, a guy who claimed that you needed enslavement to make any valuable art! who also wrote about, similarly, "will to power" and eschewing both classical logic and dialectics!) and yet be accused of "bad writing," at which point the whole idea of "badly written character" is invalidated.

edit 2:
again, think an experienced player in a game doing NG+ shenanigans, clicking shiny buttons they see when they have the energy and otherwise lazing about in their favorite corner otherwise. they fuck around, they don't give a shit insofar as they can keep lazing, if it blows up they're excited to see where it's gonna go but also very nervous cuz they're afraid of losing their acc/save file, they get super on-edge when they think they'll be forced into events instead of being able to take it at their own pace.
And do you needed to explain your pov in a rude and toxic attitude("Condescending assholes go")?
I wouldve gladly saw your pov see how it fits, try to correlate information and if i was wrong try to add more info of it.

And no forget about trying to "debate" with me.
If every-time someone has the opportunity of grow, you pull bad shit, do you think they will grow?

Dex-chan lover
And do you needed to explain your pov in a rude and toxic attitude("Condescending assholes go")?
I wouldve gladly saw your pov see how it fits, try to correlate information and if i was wrong try to add more info of it.

And no forget about trying to "debate" with me.
If every-time someone has the opportunity of grow, you pull bad shit, do you think they will grow?
lol, when i call out certain folks for accusing the author of Being Bad instead of trying to analyze in more depth, you turn around and say i'm being "rude and toxic."
What, dismissing the author as "inexperienced" instead of humbly admitting "i don't get it" is suddenly not at all rude and toxic?
Is this not entitlement of some sort (demanding that the author write according to your models of the world, and of people)? Or arrogance (implicit trust that your models are in fact accurate and precise)?
If it is, then why is it wrong for me to respond to abrasiveness with abrasiveness? We are all equals, no?

There are folks who say "i cannot understand this MC." I don't pick a fight with them, well, much. Then, there are folks who say "i cannot understand this MC, but that must be because author bad." In which case, you shit on the author, why are you all of a sudden so wholly unprepared for someone to shit on you?

"debate"
lol i mean i will defend and justify myself. whether or not it becomes a "debate" is up to you.

"opportunity to grow, you pull bad shit"
the age-old discourse on optics and politeness rears its ugly head again. If i'm nice, you give a non-committal response and nothing happens. If i'm abrasive, you accuse me of being toxic. I have only criticized your on-the-forum behavior, so please, get over yourself.

It's like if we're in a math forum, you go say a proof made a mistake and so the proofmaker is "inexperienced." If you happen to be wrong, guess what, "condescending asshole" may well be among the lighter of the insults lodged at you.

Contributor
"My head... is simply a decoration!!"
There we go. After he's done with her, I wouldn't call him inexperienced anymore. In battle, I mean. If there's anything good I can say about this edginess, it's that I do like how it's avoided the easy temptation to indulge in sexual violence. This edgy dumpster fire has been surprisingly clean in that department and that's kinda refreshing. So Aegiana even mentioned the possibility of rape, but that's not what gets his rocks off. His brand of evil is not about small-minded, beastly lust.

"I'd rather die"
"Was there someone who said that?"
Yeah, her second in command Maria did. Shortly before getting cannibalized to death by her ex-comrades.

I'm surprised he's passing up the chance to turn her into a new vampire kin. Then again, maybe being kin doesn't actually enslave their will and they still retain enough free will that they can betray their vampire parent? I guess what happens now is that he'll drink her blood until the last drop rather than turn her.

MAN, completely discarding such a fantastically insane waifu is so unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread