Meccha Shoukan Sareta Ken - Vol. 6 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
After manga dragged this is out so much than what it was supposed to be in the LN, we're finally nearly done with Volume 1 lol, which make me wonder, since it probably gonna be a long ass time again to get there anyway

LN only have 2 Volumes and was published in 2020, WN haven't been updated since around that time too after finishing Chapter 3 and starting and never finishing Chapter 4, for how much longer is manga gonna keep going? Finish LN Volume 2 and then WN Ch 3?, going original after doing Volume 2?, because source material is incomplete, beside that author doesn't seem to be active writing anything new anymore either lol

And both manga and LN are licensed by J-Novel, LN is upto date with both Volumes translated, can find both under the Oversummoned, Overpowered, and Over it! name

Last edited:
How many characters aren't dead? MC the 2nd princess. What about the other Japanese?
they are just in jail and still alive. I'm curious if this vampire is gonna kill them or spare them since he said that he will kill everyone in the castle and even killed those nobles.

Dex-chan lover
I dropped this series ages ago and played catch up cause I had nothing better to do, man I could have done anything lol. I can't believe how drawn out this arc has been. This final fight should have been 1-2 chapters. I've never read so many pages in a chapter only to feel like I've read 5 panels.....

The MC is peak cringe edgelord thats evil for evils sake (That we are to believe has been this way from Earth like no way would this guy have been functional in the modern world). We supposed to root for him? cause some of his actions, sure but mostly that was coincidental not planned "good" actions. Willingly to kill innocent people cause he's bored or for fun is written cause the mangaka thinks it's badass.

I'm guessing this series is from that Peak Overlord time period? Got alot of the same trappings.

This is the problem with edgy writings. You gotta kill off some favorite characters
Sometimes it could be done badly, but it's better than those bs harem things where the Mc manages to "change" the mind of his enemy. She would always oppose him and if he enslaved her and managed to convince her to change her ways, she wouldn't be the same character.

Dex-chan lover
Someone will always complain about a plot not going EXACTLY how they wanted :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
I dropped this series ages ago and played catch up cause I had nothing better to do, man I could have done anything lol. I can't believe how drawn out this arc has been. This final fight should have been 1-2 chapters. I've never read so many pages in a chapter only to feel like I've read 5 panels.....

The MC is peak cringe edgelord thats evil for evils sake (That we are to believe has been this way from Earth like no way would this guy have been functional in the modern world). We supposed to root for him? cause some of his actions, sure but mostly that was coincidental not planned "good" actions. Willingly to kill innocent people cause he's bored or for fun is written cause the mangaka thinks it's badass.

I'm guessing this series is from that Peak Overlord time period? Got alot of the same trappings.
"we supposed to root for him?" no
"thinks it's badass" ??? protag != good guy
"been functional" he's a fucking high schooler, how many high schoolers do you know are actually fully functional? honestly he's no worse than ayanokouji or whatever his fucking name is in CotE, it's just that the environment is so fucking beneath him that he doesn't have to pretend.

"we supposed to root for him?" no
"thinks it's badass" ??? protag != good guy
"been functional" he's a fucking high schooler, how many high schoolers do you know are actually fully functional? honestly he's no worse than ayanokouji or whatever his fucking name is in CotE, it's just that the environment is so fucking beneath him that he doesn't have to pretend.
The discrepancies in his behavior is high, even if he himself calls rational/logical to itself, even if he goes with the flow, he does indeed takes action in meaningless self benefit non rational stuff(carrying a head around, warming up battling girls, going onto a date to choose a present that does not benefit him, getting into a shadow of 2nd princess when even a corpse or a soldier should do and way more).
This series is written by a very inexperienced author, even if the setting is being edge-lord it doesn't meant that the MC should be poorly written.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The discrepancies in his behavior is high, even if he himself calls rational/logical to itself, even if he goes with the flow, he does indeed taking action in meaningless self benefit non rational stuff(carrying a head around, warming up battling girls, going onto a date to choose a present that does not benefit him, getting into a shadow of 2nd princess when even a corpse or a soldier should do and way more).
This series is written by a very inexperienced author, even if the setting is being edge-lord it doesn't meant that the MC should be poorly written.
the whole point is that he eschews classical logic/rational actor stuff to begin with, the operating "logic" is typically "i feel like it" or "i feel like it'll be annoying later if i don't."
"I'm curious how pissed off you'd be, and how strong you are exactly, so here, i'll taunt you and get you to use max power." "I wanna see if you actually can convince me, i read about that talk-no-jutsu bullcrap in typical shounens, so what does that actually feel like?" "I have an idea, i believe, of why you're doing this... but i'll ask because it never hurts to know more."
It's not "go with the flow," it's "set his own flow." Which is why he gives no fucks about training except to get people to stop nagging at him (and then stops as soon as the nagging falls behind his annoyance/pain/fatigue). Which is why he helps out picking the present, because he is interested by aaliyah, because her behavior has written that into his flow.

Condescending assholes go "inexperienced! poorly written!" not understanding that it's meant to be impulsive, inconsistent, and filled with double standards.
He's a high schooler, and especially childish and petulant... and brutal. You're declaring it "bad writing" because you like the funny overblown and harmless chuuni trope, not this logical extreme of that very same.
People IRL use double standards all the fucking time, especially foreign policy and politics, but one sociopath using it in everyday life is enough to set you off? What "poorly written," there's people out there firebombing cities and looting resources under the name of democracy.

edit:
if you want to accuse the author, accuse him of self-reporting some very creepy tendencies/freudian slips, but don't accuse him of making a shit character when all he did was make a character operate off of fundamentally different principles. (have none of you heard of NIMBYs? the classic "got mine, fuck you" attitude? the lolbertarians saying all authority and rules and laws are bad?)
Otherwise a guy could write about a real, living phrenologist (or better yet, a guy who claimed that you needed enslavement to make any valuable art! who also wrote about, similarly, "will to power" and eschewing both classical logic and dialectics!) and yet be accused of "bad writing," at which point the whole idea of "badly written character" is invalidated.

edit 2:
again, think an experienced player in a game doing NG+ shenanigans, clicking shiny buttons they see when they have the energy and otherwise lazing about in their favorite corner otherwise. they fuck around, they don't give a shit insofar as they can keep lazing, if it blows up they're excited to see where it's gonna go but also very nervous cuz they're afraid of losing their acc/save file, they get super on-edge when they think they'll be forced into events instead of being able to take it at their own pace.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread