Medaka Kuroiwa is Impervious to My Charms - Vol. 10 Ch. 86 - That Bastard and Basketball Shoes

is this the first time we've gone 2 whole chapters without even a cut away to Mona? Such a huge change from being the only POV character, now relegated to the Main Interest. I don't give two fucks about this girl, never have, never will. This chapters she is basically a different person, almost as if this whole scene was written for Mona and changed to her. Even the Facial expressions from Page 8-10 are the ones Mona does all the time.

If this wasn't made into a Harem manga this would of just been a cute chapter with Mona and MC, but instead we are in this weird twilight zone where all 3 Love Interest are morphing into the same "Blushing but I'm so shy uwu" kind of character, we just take turns who's in the spotlight.
Really nice critique, hopefully the author embraces more the features that make all 3 girls different from each other and developes Medaka a bit more so the romantic tension between him and each girl is different and he starts to like their differences and ultimately he makes a decision.

Dex-chan lover
I want Asahi to win. I know it's gonna be Mona but I really want Asahi to win.

Dex-chan lover
Asahi going for the fast break...

giphy.gif

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Contributor
Why is it that, in harems, I like more the girl that will obviously lose?? Damn
That is a really good question. I've noticed I have the same problem. It's like authors intewntionally make the main love interest unlikable with zero observable compatibility compared to a later added love interest.

Dex-chan lover
Aight she's finally growing on me ngl. We all know it's a fruitless endeavor but hey shot ya shot girl

Power Uploader
Finally caught up.

Looking back to this series, I originally started this series because I thought it would be a nice little wholesome rom-com between two people (dumb ass didn't look at the tags). And then look what happened. And now we're in this state. Everyone's like "Yeah! I want ___ to win!" but actually I really don't care who wins. Either way, it's going to be kinda sad.

In any case, rom-coms are goated and now I'm on the hunt for another one, I'm on my rom-com phase let's get it

Group Leader
Mangaka trying real hard to give everyone redemption arcs after the super repetitive arcs before huh... feels really flat due to the lack or last-minute forcing of characterization tho

Users who are viewing this thread