Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Vol. 4 Ch. 30.5 - Bonus: To my first love

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect a closure in an extra chapter. Seeing it like this makes me feel that the sensei will not be coming back.

ngl i think meguro's reaction to the situation is rather real. sensei is a scumbag, meguro probably also knows that but she's not gonna say it bc in one way, she's had more experiences with him that's not just bad and all the things that happened with him, in a way helped her be with koga as the person she is now. it's like love but not the type of "oh i love u lets get back together" but "ilove you but we aint working out lmao" and that's great. also imho, first loves have a special thing to them in their own way despite the shitty parts (take that from me, mine was p shit too but love fucks with ur head like that) but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be closure.
I'm happy she's with someone that wants to walk together with her thru life now and that she's happy with Koga.

sensei is still a shit stain, what a pedophile.

thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that her past had closure. It's quite realistic that she can't bring herself to hate him and how the only way to move on is to accept her love and apply it to her current relationship.

Dex-chan lover
@starburst98
meguro is the voice of the author, she is the protagonist
the other characters are meant to represent the idea he is trying to subvert
this is a manipulation tactic

Dex-chan lover
wait was sensei a highschooler? I thought he was a college kid making some extra cash tutoring.

Dex-chan lover
Wait... Sensei took a 14 or 15-year-old girl to a Love Hotel? Their age difference might not have been much but that sounds illegal, like buying beer while underage.

Double-page supporter
There's literally only a 3 year age differnece between them, he's a last year high school student and shes a last year middle school student. And its not like America where high school is 4 years, its only 3 years there. You guys are going crazy with the reaching to make him sound like an adult or a pedophile or whatever.
To put it into perspective,in America school system, its like a senior in high school going out with a freshman.

Dex-chan lover
While it's true it's not pedophilic by nature, legally might still be considered statutory rape

Aggregator gang
For the sake of unnecesary drama he (sensei) meaby make a quick comeback.

Supporter
Nice. This Kyoto arc has been a good one.

I feel like her relationship with the tutor shows why there are statutory rape laws in place. Yes yes, the tutor was only a few years older but the portrayal in the manga shows a man having a fling with a girl who was too immature to handle the consequences and the "lessons".
In the end, she grew from it because of her relationship with the MC. But not everyone gets to date an "MC", imagine if she was stuck dating side characters (like the Nao dude).
Would she have been better off if the tutor never had a fling with her? Maybe? Maybe not? But we also don't go around breaking people's arms so they have the potential to become stronger and tougher in the future.

Aggregator gang
oh that's great, now that ages are shown, we know he was committing statutory rape, fantastic, now I have a concrete reason for hating his guts. Anyway, this manga has some great themes. We can't change the past, and it has, without a shadow of a doubt, things that we regret and possibly hate, but life moves the fuck on. Life sucks ass and the people in it suck even more. (Obviously am not condoning accepting statutory rape, please report it or similar crimes if it happens to you or someone you know)

I was gonna rant about the sensei committing rape, but it seems people gets it. Imprison that mF

Users who are viewing this thread