Meme Girls - Ch. 84 - Love, From Light Years Away

Fed-Kun's army
I don't want to set the world on fire
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
Eh, given the way current events are going, this result is inevitable. We needed to transition to an ecologically, politically, and socially responsible form of economy and government late last century. At this point, it's not if this going to happen, it's when.

Human beings have evolved to be too stupid, lustful, proud, lazy and greedy to end up any other way. And the ironic thing is that thousands, if not millions of years of natural selection chose those tendencies in our genetics because that's what lead to more successful reproduction. Who says "Survival of the Fittest" can't spectacularly backfire?

Being greedy, horny, power-hungry, selfish, and only caring about your own children and no one else's is what allowed genetics to be passed down to the next generation (through reproduction) en masse and lead to larger and larger amounts of human beings being born and then survive to reproduce even more.

If you investigate the recent science behind this, there's more and more consensus about how being lazy (not moving around unless you absolutely have to) and a glutton (eating and storing fat in case of famine) were actually an advantage in the past, when manual labor was the norm, and food was scarce. We aren't evolved for the modern era, and like the movie Idiocracy explores, now technology has made it too easy for idiots and/or immoral people to reach adulthood and reproduce.

Dex-chan lover
@piay123
more to the point, it was a trillion light years away, so she saw what happened 1 trillion years ago.

i bet he could've held on for an extra billion for big tiddy alien waifu!

@R-Mod etto. If you scroll way back you can spot one person who didn't get it.

You can say "well that's a lot of work for just a single dummy" and you'd make a good point but I did it in case another one appears.

@Probablies I'm gonna need you to point me to the exact comment that says so, because literally none of them say anything of the sort.

Group Leader
@arcsalvo wow, exactly my mind.
Can we get married and watch the world collapse together while playing video games and watching anime till it all ends ?

paradoxenon wrote:

Resemblance?

https://mangadex.org/title/48758/10-000-light-year-binoculars

Thanks for that link. Wow, what a beautiful oneshot!

@R-Mod

The comment from lume (is that an L or an I? I can't tell) on page 1.

They didn't say they didn't get it, but the comment itself does imply that.

@R-Mod
They said "she traveled at light speed" which was yknow, wrong. She warped there. This made me think they misunderstood what transpired in the story.

I'm more suprised you failed to see why I think that way though.

While we're at it, cmon, why do you have to be like this on a comment thread of some wholesome webcomic? I was just trying to be helpful.

@Probablies I'm pretty sure warping doesn't necessarily mean instant teleportation. And your meaning of helpful happens to intersect with being Captain Obvious, whom nobody likes.

@R-Mod
A space warp is an imaginary or hypothetical distortion of space-time that enables space travelers to travel faster than light or otherwise make journeys contrary to the commonly accepted laws of physics.

Instant teleportation or not, neither "at the speed of light" nor "near light speed" really makes any sense when referring to a space warp, this is common sense.

You can say "well near can also mean slightly faster" but that's really stretching it. It's obvious that the person had a misunderstanding.

@Probablies No, common sense is to think even if she went faster than light, it wouldn't be a million times faster unless specifically stated. Not to mention that just because you think it's near (no one says it as in "slightly more", by the way) light speed, doesn't mean it's inaccurate to your definition of warping, because the speed is still roughly correct.

The only one that has any sort of misunderstanding here is you. Now shut up and take the L, Captain Obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread