Metal Goddess Soldier - Ch. 144 - Fighting Demons and Angels, Showing Arrogance to the Heavens

Double-page supporter
Um, credits for the author for trying to explain why it's the chinese people who ruled the galaxies, i guess?

Fed-Kun's army
They ended the war yo. In the end drunk kungfu is stronger than guns.

Group Leader
Thanks allenallenallen333, but I didn't really read this chapter.
If you translated everything as "Blah blah blah", that wouldn't have changed anything for me.

I'm really not reading this for the awesome political drama (because it's not) or for a lesson in Asian mythology (but a bit of it here and there is actually good), I'm just here to see people being painted on things.
Let's be real, the story is shit, the pacing is shit, the art is just barely passable. This manhua is just funny as hell, quick to read and kinda satisfying.
So if you remove the humor, make it way longer to read and remove any satisfying bit you can find, then this gets really boring really quickly.

It's interesting how chinese see the feudal european society. Not like in their own or japanese feudal society or indian/hindi caste system had a peasant any chance to rise in the ranks of power. If that could happen, the whole system would collapse in days. :) Only in fairy tales does this happen, so those peasant boys have some motivation to keep working day after day like ants.

Lol. CHINA STRONK (in future, totes for reals).

It's weird how Asian sci-fi always focuses on the superiority of their nation in the future, while Western sci-fit always has nations becoming a thing of the past, or growing equally in power with continental divides, or entire planets being settled by nationalists and forming alliances.

Is it necessary in Asian political climates to prioritize nationalism? Can you get arrested for sedition if you merely hypothesize that a nation might not be eternal?

Double-page supporter
@Sharpedgs You see star trek : united fed
stargate sg1 : US 1st, russia 2nd (need to share the gate later) 3rd and below Europe and Asia
Avatar : US like mining company if it was the chinese one it gonna call the armada and purge the planet of xenos with orbital or beyond bombardement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYe1KG61o6Y Start 6: 50 it show china fishermen can call the navy with a smartphone app.
Imagine that US colonel will do a call and purge the blue native "but the rights ?"say a soldier And still at the end they launch a incendiary bomb or something...
China don't care about that. The ending would not be the same too it would be a dystopian one where rare metal or things for human count all other species can die if they are hostile.

Dex-chan lover
. . .how many conflicts have been started cause someone was drunk?

Mandatory china namba uan propaganda ?Check.

Jokes aside , that drunkard must be a chinese movie protagonist.

@Sharpedgs Legally, and if you word it right, yes. However, humans are humans, and governments with absolute power don't like any form of criticism. I know it's the situation in Singapore but I can't say with certainty it's similar in China.

@NullApostle Welcome to Chinese memes and emojis.

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha, blatant propaganda and hypocrisy from the Chinese. X) T'was to be expected though.

It's not as if the French had a revolution and rebelled against the nobles (but had their own plans in the background) and literally beheaded most of them. >_> Right.

@Sharpedgs, not all western fiction, and even when central governments happen, it is usually after a period with practically no government.

Dex-chan lover
PR has always been a Chinese weakpoint. Need to get more savvy at it, it's how the west can do one foreign intervention after another and get away with it.

@Sharpedgs lolno the chicoms aren't North Korea. Though with the current geopolitical environment being supportive of western stances will get you dogpiled with criticism.

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc
Hahahaha i mean i just want to appreciate allen to translate this particular chapter despite knowing that its just a crap ton of ancient chinese histories and mythologies as allen said in the last chapter's credit page lmao

@aFFi
True; it was harsh to be said but indeed its true, and allen's upload time is a charms on its own which bewitched me to keep on reading this. But its not like im complaining tho i dont mind as long as i had my own enjoyment while reading this

@Sharpedgs

Not all Chinese sci-fi are focused on nationalism. There is a great Chinese novel called the Three Body Problem and it's quite critical on nationalism really. The series was translated recently and I recommend you give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread