Metal Goddess Soldier - Ch. 144 - Fighting Demons and Angels, Showing Arrogance to the Heavens

Dex-chan lover
Next arc will be interesting

It will be almost nothing but big sister.

@kusshea

3 body problem was amazing, I agree.

It's still a significant trend I've noticed, pervasive in most Sino-sphere literature these days.

China still has a way to go to reach "Japan did nothing wrong" levels seen in Gate, though.

@Sharpedgs The only thing Japan did wrong was to not finish the job.

Not really, though. As a country Japan should own up to their mistakes. They could be like the Serbs: "So we committed genocide, who cares?" Denying the past is just petty.

Double-page supporter
@JamesHenderson1065 Well they get embargoed by the US for oil so no navy and no steel and oil for their home island so no tank and truck to deliver supply against mainland china.
Because they have no oil they go toward south in order to get some oil and attacked pearl harbor. If they have vainquished the chinese they would go next against USA using hawaii as staging invasion point with "unlimited" manpower using chinese as penal battalions like Russia and their land force not tied anymore against china to help germany too by the same time so Stalingrad would be a german win due to some soviet still in siberia.

The embargo was enacted because of the Japanese invasion of French Indochina. Japan thought they could take over everything without any consequences.

Fighting against China was hard enough, they really shouldn't have involved all the European powers directly. So much for all the world under one tent.

Feeling a bit to disturbed by the chinese nationalism in this chapter to be honest... but thats fine... totally not an complete hater of the ccp and their actions to subvert power from not only their own people but from the us and other countries too check out china uncensored on youtube to learn more XD

Fed-Kun's army
@dwdadw33

It's the story of Nuwa repairing the heavens: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCwa_Mends_the_Heavens.

Basically, Water God (with Draconic attributes as shown in this chapter) loses a fight in a fit of fury, slams his head into one of the pillars that hold up the world which screwed up the human world badly. Nuwa (Mother Goddess, also the lamia with a smiley emoji face and the superglue) later takes pity on the humans and repaired the pillars.

i acctually liked this chapter. it was a bit much and thought im inteerested it 3AM and i dont really care about reading to much history right now to understand what is he talking about... i want to know the princaple of what hes saying... can any one help?
does he say some thing like - help yourself and that will help others(?), be a good person and every one profits(?), even if your strong u can make mistakes but it all ends up ok if you take responsiability(?),
theres alot of masseges and meaning that can be understude if interpeted... (dont worry i also understand its GO China GO thingy.. but im interated in the history and mythologie personal and chines point of view and all the thing stories try to pass and "teach" readers.. in the past and preasent [here in the form of manhuwa {or how ever i need to write it}])

Fed-Kun's army
@orca172
He's telling the new Shura soldiers "Your race doesn't matter. Throughout the history of my people, (including the mythology) there have been non-humans involved. If they hadn't been there, (and it was only humans) our civilization would have perished a long time ago.
What matters isn't your race or where you came from, what matters is your character. This way of thinking is what gave us the edge to conquer so much of the galaxy."
then he goes into the second part of it, which talks about what kind of people were required for them to come that far.
"To reduce conflict, the first group made compromises to get along [his example is all the tribes around making peace]. The second group, fought."
So, regular citizens who cooperate enough to make society grow, and soldiers who weren't afraid to fight (even if it was against the god race, like that crazy drunk guy).
And now that the Shura race people have joined his group and become warriors, they don't need to think about anything or have any qualifications (like race, ancestry or social position) all that matters is that they can fight.

At least I think that's what he was saying.

Dex-chan lover
@JamesHenderson1065 lol I noticed that Taiwan is colored red, too. I think this setting is in the 23rd century, so 200 years past would be 21st century. I've never been to China, but I read in the news that the Chinese government sometimes gets mad if large companies/organizations don't include Taiwan inside China's borders or if they accidentally use the word "country" to describe Taiwan.

This chapter is PURE Chinese Porpaganda and Nationalistic ideologies. They think they're the most populous doesn't mean they're the most powerful, even the most greatest nation in history went down and fell. And, the coomon reason of their falling? CORUPTION - not thinking of the people, which is the lifeblood of the nation, will head in on direction - RUIN.

Aggregator gang
Who even bothers reading all these long ass speeches? Ain't got time for that shit. I always skip them, no point wasting time.

Dex-chan lover
What I found super hypocritical was that they criticized Feudal Europe when at the exact same time in China the power of Confucianism had a similarly strong hierarchy. Yes, you could move up through the meritocracy, unlike Europe, but the Emperor was still the Emperor and he supposedly derived that power from "the Mandate of Heaven" which is essentially the same as the Divine Right to Rule from European Kings. I would be less upset if it just had patently false America Bashing and CCP glorification, because at least that makes sense from a Chinese censorship and propaganda perspective, but instead they pick a time period when both sides were far more similar.

Double-page supporter
I dont get the point of this chapter. Was it suppose to be a history lesson ?

Users who are viewing this thread