Metal Goddess Soldier

Dex-chan lover
@yuukichidays: the google translation app has a real time translation feature that uses your phone camera to translate on the go, it might be handy for reading manhwas, tho I never tried.

Contributor
WebNovel is now also officially translating this now at a rate of 4 chapters a week (currently 13 chapters released as of this writing):
https://www.webnovel.com/comic/14797200506728001

wecomics, the other official english, is translating at a rate of 1 chapter a week (currently 30 chapters released):
https://m.wecomics.com/comic/index/id/81

If WebNovel keeps up this pace they will catch up to where we left in about a year and a half.

Group Leader
So it seems couple groups have tried to pickup this series, but due to how complicated the translation is... it is very unlikely this series will be pickup anytime soon.
If someone is proficient in Chinese, mainly Buddhist and Chinese culture/history, hit me up. DM me or @ me.

Here's raw for 293
https://imgur.com/a/Rp2JQKr

Power Uploader
@Shadow
Iron Ladies is an exclusive series to Tencent and Tencent is just lending their series to WebNovel while WebNovel lends its series to WeComics for visibility. If you look closely at the pages, they're exactly the same.

Contributor
Never noticed that before between WebNovel and WeComics, though I don't usually read on WeComics so that's probably why.

Do find it weird since WeComics has been translating for far longer, releasing 1 chapter a week, while WebNovel just started in the last 3 weeks or so.

Dex-chan lover
@allenallenallen333

Qidian International is an incorporated division under the publically traded company China Literature Limited. China Literature Limited is 56.7% owned by Tencent Holdings Limited

Qidian International is actually listed as a product/service by Tencent so it isn't exactly a secret lol.

@ShionSinX already try it. But the problem is the translation is awful and sometimes doesn't make any sense when translated by google translate. Reading this from the first chapter I realize this manhua has too many historical reference.

Group Leader
@albedo300 not dead. Simply get license for official english. This manhua has many historical word that not suitable to use Google Translate. Taking over for fan translation will be hard

Remember the good days when allenallenallen333 translated the crap out of this? Those were the blessed days...

Double-page supporter
The art really degraded as it went on, probably to make it cheaper and keep up with its tight release schedule but I'd prefer they kept the quality of early chapters and released once a week instead of twice.
I'm talking an increase in photographs passed through a filter as backgrounds, needless amount of 3D models that weren't even drawn over to give more detail and a ton of 3D assets of very low resolution and a lot of jaggies. Even when not using 3D the detail of drawn stuff (most notably backgrounds, environments etc.) dropped a lot and became more barren with less care put into it.
Roughly middle of chapters in the 200 range is where I consciously noticed it, 251 for example. Even if it's a filler chapter with side characters it feels like 0 effort was put into the art department.

Story is alright but getting a bit tired of the whole 'there is no true evil or good' philosophy Mu Siyun and his professor are proponents of.
Not because I necessarily disagree, but my impression is that Mu is the author's mouthpiece (just how I read into it) and that mindset ends up really clashes with the fact that every antagonist is the embodiment of the stereotypical mustache twirling 'bad guy'. Unless they were brainwashed or forced to fight our protagonist they don't possess a single redeemable feature and can more or less be classified as pure evil.

That just serves to make it far less complex than it could have been. There's never a moment where Mu has to consider if he's doing the morally correct thing (according to himself) when killing an enemy, there's never a "Well he has done a lot of reprehensible things but also a fair share of good" or "He's doing awful things things but his heart is in the right place and truly believes it's for the greater good".
All villains are pure 1 dimensional beings motivated by nothing more than by the joy of killing, conquest for power or greed. Often a combination of all 3.

P.S.
This Manhua has a criminal lack of fanservice considering how well the entire universe and plot is laid out for such things. I don't decide to read stuff based on ecchi content but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter but didn't this get licensed?
I read that this got licensed and that's the reason why we didn't get any updates... Was that just bs?

Users who are viewing this thread