Metal Goddess Soldier

@erunyan it’s hard for the author to do anything that might be considered bad by the ccp, so they kinda have to lean towards that, it really sucks that the author has to be careful of what they write

Compared to the beginning the art quality is slowly declining. I remember being dumbfounded when I've seen the coloring at the beginning

The further it goes, the more it turns into chinese propaganda. It's incredibly disingenuous. By the middle of 322, I just couldn't stomach it anymore. Whatever I might have been thinking of the story itself, the sci-fi setting, or the urge to see the villains defeated... the propaganda element just becomes overwhelming and breaks it for me. Let me know if they ever get around to toning it down a bit.

Starts out pretty decent. first 100chapters are ok. then it slowly but surely progresses to full blown retard.
8d7.png

The MC is basically a spin on either Mao or Stalin, considering the emphasis on China, its probably Mao. He is leading the poor supressed peasants against the rich monarchies and getting called a monster or demon for responding to the violence commited by the ruling class with the only tool he has at his disposal: violence. I suppose the stance Himiko's son (Three Legged Crow's main Angel) takes is actually one often brought up by western liberals, so i'm giving it +1 for cracking down on idealist fantasies. This work is obviously biased, but it usually gives reasons when refuting idealist misconceptions and plain lies. Is this propaganda? Definitely not. The connections to real worl individuals and events are too faint. Is this apolitical? No, but you'd have a hard time and a terrible result if you tried to make a Sci-fi work without politics. It proposes a set of morals and ethics usually rejected by western intellectuals for being barbaric or cruel, while inaction is actually much more cruel.

TL;DR: Don't believe everything media and politicians say, kids. Don't be like Himiko's son.

I agree with the other comments, this web comic gets pretty politically charged. It's not quite Communist propaganda, in the sense that it is only about peasant revolution against the monarch elite. I could make the case that the American revolution against the British crown would fit this example just as well. I'm only on ch 260 something, so I don't know if they go the full "everything is state-owned" route just yet.

Art and design is really good at some times, but then at other times I almost feel like the artist hasn't taken an anatomy class in his/her life.

I really don't think this deserves a higher than 8 rating, but it certainly isn't bad either

just my two cents.

@GyozaBro if you read till 300 ish. The author starts focusing on some points like fighting for the country and how traitors should be punished (bear planet). And whatever cruelty the MC showed in the live streams is just some sort of lies put by his enemies, and in fact he is the good guy that helps poor people (forget about how many thousand people he did annihilate with one swoop). Whatever did the manhua garner at the beginning is totally wasted here. Suppose you write a story about how humanity explores the world and invade uncivilized planets. Then suddenly the main point of the story and having the three fleets become non-existant (I mean that what was the reason d'etre of these fleets and iron girls is to invade new planets, not waging war against humans). Turning full war between 2 factions (Hmmm Idk how this does make sense)

Honestly worth at least checking to see if it interests you for 5-10 chapters. Big battles, unique/well put together character designs (the villains are somewhat repetitive as they're often representing corruption so maybe take that with a grain of salt), intergalactic political intrigue, genuinely ruthless MC, fairly well done plot points (imo). I'm always excited if I see this in my updates.

Honestly I don't even know what's going on half of the time and I get lost sometimes but I enjoy this quite a lot

The early chapters of this might be the most confusing and hard to read things I've ever seen. If you have to stop every panel so you have to think to understand what's happening in it then the comic is already a failure. This is really apparent in the big fights. Legit, couldn't tell you anything thats happening in it

Designs are cool. Ideas are cool. Story and implementation is pretty garbage. I don’t really understand anything that’s happening. The author kinda just dumps stuff on you and expects it to make sense or for you to understand it.

I get that there’s a lot of taoist and buddhist beliefs in these manhuas but still, the pacing and info dumping is awful. It’s just really bad writing, which is what I can say for every manhua I’ve read so far. Great art and cool ideas but terrible execution.

Users who are viewing this thread