Metsuki Warui Ko Kawaii Ko - Vol. 3 Ch. 64 - Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
Just a simple "I like you" would be fine... no need to over complicate sh*t author-san... it doesn't make things more interesting... just the opposite in fact...
Honestly, I have to disagree. This grips me on a very personal level and it genuinely feels like a realistic expression of emotions from a person who has difficulties with people and guiding themselves through relationships in an atypical way. I love this development, and I'm glad they're tackling it this way instead of just outright saying "I love you"

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I have to disagree. This grips me on a very personal level and it genuinely feels like a realistic expression of emotions from a person who has difficulties with people and guiding themselves through relationships in an atypical way. I love this development, and I'm glad they're tackling it this way instead of just outright saying "I love you"
Maybe.... IF, this series didn't already over complicate sh*t and add a lot of excess and dragged sh*t out....

I even feel it fits the character.... BUT.... when you add how dragged out and over complicated so many things in this series got...

Then I feel it doesn't work.

A story is how the parts make up the whole... something good on it's own could make the story as a whole worse..

A great example of this I feel is Batman V Superman

Watching the movie as a whole.... it sucked...

But if you watch the scenes as individual clips, I guarantee that most people would have a way better time enjoying it...

Dex-chan lover
She's awkward and doesn't understand others after being isolated for so long and that's only with just friends let alone actual romantic feelings. Of course she'd be scared and she should be! She has no idea what will happen between them and that's a normal thought even with "normal" people. It would be completely out of character if she just said "yeah I like you let's go out". But it's also in character for him to give that extra push which he's done since the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
She's awkward and doesn't understand others after being isolated for so long and that's only with just friends let alone actual romantic feelings. Of course she'd be scared and she should be! She has no idea what will happen between them and that's a normal thought even with "normal" people. It would be completely out of character if she just said "yeah I like you let's go out". But it's also in character for him to give that extra push which he's done since the beginning.
Yes and no.

It'd also still work if she realized over the time that she likes him and wants to always be with him and goes out with him...

Dex-chan lover
Is that the bridge that’s referenced in that suicide folklore from Japan..?

Dex-chan lover
Yes and no.

It'd also still work if she realized over the time that she likes him and wants to always be with him and goes out with him...
I mean, this manga isn't very complicated, but it is set in high school. She's someone who was severely isolated until like less than a year prior. Her own convictions about her character are likely heavily set in, so it's not insane that she thinks in this way. She's gained something that she has never (kind of) had before and is afraid of losing it. Its a very very real emotion that I've grappled with before.

Dex-chan lover
...The hell was that?

I get Mizuno turning him down. I get that she doesn't understand what to do with her feelings and is scared of things changing and wrecking what she has with him given that she's basically only rarely had friends before now. I'm fine with that. and I'm even fine with a "let's just stay as friends" ending even if that might be disappointing because it makes sense. That's not the problem.

And then he jumps off the bridge. And this is after he asked to go somewhere else to hear her response, which makes it seem like he planned this. And almost makes me wonder if the final chapter is going to be her getting upset and finding out that he did this to manipulate her into confronting her feelings more directly and recognizing that she does want to take the next step. And if that's the case that's sketchy as hell and pretty darkly manipulative. And also stupid and childish.

This series has fumbled the bag so damn hard down the stretch that it's almost making me hate it. They're picking just about the worst possible ending they could've.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
It always sucks when a manga is way too short but some mangas like this one remind me that some good concepts aren't really meant to be long. I'm glad someone is at least passionate enough to translate it for us so we can see it till the end but I feel like at some point it lost its essence that made it so unique and cute...

Looking forward to see what they cook for the last chapter nonetheless 👍

Users who are viewing this thread