Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.1

Group Leader
Nice.
A manga with a clever MC, written by a clever mangaka.

His strategy is crazy, but in the context, believable, and up to now, no need to make everybody else dumb as bricks to make the MC seem more intelligent.

This is awesome.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this must have violated so many pacts and rules and regulations. Using extradimensional creatures to deal damage to your enemies is just inhumane lol.

Double-page supporter
@affi it's an adaptation from a light novel. So, it's the novel author who came up with this clever story, not manga artist.

Dex-chan lover
Dammit, welp, I'm off to play Elite Dangerous.

I swear, every time I read this or the WN.

Well that was seriously dumb. He's a hired mercenary working for the local military, he stands out by suggesting some crazy plan that is essentially a suicide mission in front of everyone during the briefing, and then uses a super-illegal weapon to summon genocidal creatures from another dimension. I'm sure there will be no crystal lifeforms left over, no remnants of crystal lifeforms from their battle with the enemy fleet. No one will notice and he will not face any repercussions.

@Ultrabenosaurus
He could just claim that the enemy flagship already had a singing crystal on it for some reason, and it activate when he blew it up. It's a pretty obvious lie, but I doubt that anyone on his side at least would care to prosecute any further than a thorough investigation of his ship (to make sure it was the only crystal he had). The weapon is banned but now it's used properly, destroyed, and with a convenient excuse for where it came from that even harms the enemy as well. No harm no foul.

Aggregator gang
@Ultrabenosaurus its the the plan is so stupid no one is gonna attempt it. then when it happens they got caught in the plan.

they can no longer investigate it. and it also isnt needed to investigate it. no one except the enemy and the person in question is in danger. and the person even volunteered.
as a rumor it wont be believed. there wont be a official record. and the people who knows about it either dont care as they are not involved or makes things easier. the other is the army lady who was already keeping an eye on him.

she kept a eye on him ever sinds the first meeting. and she wants to recruit him.

To be fair in the WN they mention in passing that the crystals have a special property that penetrates your brain directly even when sealed, so the sound effects are consistent with that. (The covering of the ears shown later would have no effect, but I imagine that's just a reflex.)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread