Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 7 Ch. 35.2

Dex-chan lover
Dam she is really thirsty, but probably also really lonely... kinda feel sorry for her.

Thanks hidamari for the translation

...Wait, wait... This Gold Star business has some glaring problems compared with the story.

Hiro basically solo'd and defeated almost an entire god damn enemy FLEET that, IIRC, outnumbered the Imperial defenders and was also instrumental in saving an entire space station. And apparently wasn't even CONSIDERED for the award.

WHAT THE FUCK ELSE MORE WOULD HE HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS MEDAL?!
For that case specifically, officially he only did a decapitation attack on the enemy flagship, and only 'just so happens' that the enemy fleet was set upon by crystal lifeforms shortly after. The fact that Hiro was the one whom called the lifeforms there to start with is not something anyone wants to advertise or have proof of anyways, since those singing crystals are highly illegal to have around.

Dex-chan lover
For that case specifically, officially he only did a decapitation attack on the enemy flagship, and only 'just so happens' that the enemy fleet was set upon by crystal lifeforms shortly after. The fact that Hiro was the one whom called the lifeforms there to start with is not something anyone wants to advertise or have proof of anyways, since those singing crystals are highly illegal to have around.

Except for the fact that he was willing to take his single ship into an entire enemy fleet and take out the enemy flagship.
Exactly how is that not worth a medal? It's very contrived. In the real world, people have gotten higher honors and awards for doing much less than accidentally wiping out an enemy fleet.

The "well, he can't admit he had the crystal, so it's all swept under the rug" doesn't work because even with his bullshit explanation that Serena wasn't buying; he managed to defeat the fleet.

What, is the military going to go, "Wow. Yeah. You caused that invasion fleet to be destroyed... Buuuut you didn't do it solely on your own and it's because an alien crystal caused space creatures to destroy the fleet instead. So, thanks, but get fucked. It doesn't count."? All he'd have to do is point out he was the one willing to risk solo'ing an entire fleet and because of a lucky shot the fleet is now defeated. Not Hiro's fault that, supposedly, that the enemy fleet had such a dangerous thing on their ships and he hit it. Hell, that's even better! The enemy was obviously going to use this crystal on Serena's forces! He stopped that from happening!

In other words, medal up the son of bitch.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think you'll find that (semi-) autocratic/feudal elements are in a lot of science-fiction/science-fantasy.

In fact, I think you'll find that SF settings with a form of Democracy tend to be highly dystopian.
Dune and Battletech comes to mind. If not outright nobles, it's corporations with military power feuding with each other like in G-Police or Armored Core 6.

democracy
"I AM THE SENATE"

Dex-chan lover
Man I really like their relationship. It's kinda refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
You think the realistic terrorists are boring? It's better than trying to force them some ideology or whatever and when they are beaten by the great and heroic MC fighting for justice and friendship they just go

"Realistic terrorists" have an incredibly varied and extreme ideology. You have a whole-ass group of people together running for an extremist cause. ISIL for instance is incredibly wild; it bastarizes islam, misplaces nationalism and finishes with a doomcult mentality to create its ideology. You greatly underestimate how fascinating the insanity of "realistic" terrorists actually is.
As for your other points, dropping plot threads is just bad form. Don't give me this unruly D&D player excuse, especially since the plot finds dozens of different ways to rope Hiro into future arcs which are way more boring and contrived than EVE Online Organism Rights Albert Wesker like the tournament arc (do I even need to spoiler that?)

Dex-chan lover
quite unfortunate that the only people she gets to meet as marriage candidates are basically shitlings but i guess that's enough reason why she's so clingy to our mc who is oh so capable and daddy-licious lmao

Dex-chan lover
He really has just been so cold to her right from the get, and it doesnt feel entirely warranted honestly.

He really has just been so cold to her right from the get, and it doesnt feel entirely warranted honestly.
The light novel/web novel explains a lot better. She shows up, crazy stuff is going to happen, run away. And it's implied it isn't quite so coincidental because she wants to recruit the MC to her anti-pirate fleet. She's also a hell of a lot smarter in the novel. Like a thousand times more clever and intelligent. So, the MC tries to avoid dealing with her because of her goals conflict with his and and he knows she's generally smarter than him and willing to be somewhat underhanded.

She's basically a useful Aqua in the manga. She's essentially a rival figure with vastly superior resources in the novel.

Users who are viewing this thread