Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 8 Ch. 38.2

Fed-Kun's army
Since there seems to be a bit of confusion about the ages of some of the characters involved, here are the confirmed ages of the main cast (so far as I remember) as of the latest chapter of the LN. FYI, the age of majority in the Graccan Empire is 15.

Mei: Several months
Chris: 12
Kugi: 16-ish?
Mimi: 17
Hiro: 27-29 (I forget exactly which)
Tina&Wiska: 27-29 (Dwarf twins that should appear in the next arc or two)
Shouko: Roughly the same as Hiro, but I don't remember if she has a specific age.
Elma: 53
You missed Serena

Dex-chan lover
Hiro doesn't really get a choice here.
Chris is playing for the long endgame.

Dex-chan lover
I find myself laughing at Hiro, mainly cause of reading the LN and WN versions of the novel.
Chris doesn’t give up. She even thinks of the ideal scenarios for her future with him. And the fact that Hiro basically becomes a honorary noble himself which makes it all that much easier for Chris. Also Mei kinda conspired against him by giving Chris some advice, all for the sake of love.

Dex-chan lover
I'm SO happy the author didn't go with the very popular Harem route decision this time, and actually had our MC properly reject this innocent little girl in a kind, but direct way.

Dex-chan lover
even though they always play the "same age" bullshit card, mimi defintiely looks older than the little girl - and that's not only due to her tit size.
Do you know Japanese people tend to look younger than Westerner?
For example 31 years old Aoi Yuuki (Kumoko - Kumo desu ga, Nanika) (Tanya Degurechaff - Youjo Senki)
Her height is merely 1.45m (58 inches)

If she came to the U.S, I don't doubt that people might mistake her for "teenager"

Dex-chan lover
If nobility was the issue, he could just get adopted by a noble, get married into a fallen noble family, or be granted a title. Not saying that he would do it, but his reasoning isn't foolproof as there are means to fix that (except wanting to be a mercenary).

Dex-chan lover
Do you know Japanese people tend to look younger than Westerner?
For example 31 years old Aoi Yuuki (Kumoko - Kumo desu ga, Nanika) (Tanya Degurechaff - Youjo Senki)
Her height is merely 1.45m (58 inches)

If she came to the U.S, I don't doubt that people might mistake her for "teenager"
In the case of this manga case it's surprisingly enough moot since as someone else pointed out we actually know how old the Characters are for a change. Mimi actually is a few years older than Chris who is as young as she looks. I think the Manga just avoided direct mentioning of ages except for Elma but the Novels had less hesitation.

...also by the elder gods that Woman is Tiny!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm SO happy the author didn't go with the very popular Harem route decision this time, and actually had our MC properly reject this innocent little girl in a kind, but direct way.
Till she comes back and is added to harem anyway because he piles on the achievements. Honestly the only reason he's rejecting her is because of her status and his desire to be free. He's never once said it's because of her age just that he likes to be free. He is a man that refuses to be tied down and it makes sense in that regard.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly feel bad for Chris. By all accounts, she is a good girl and a real sweetheart. With everything that's gonna be weighing down on her in the future? I'd like to see her have a bit of happiness in her life.

I have been reading the spoilers, so on that note...

You know, it's not like she absolutely has to marry him. She can take him as a consort, like Duke Leto and Lady Jessica in Frank Herbert's novel, Dune. Lady Jessica was never married to Duke Leto Atreides, but he gave her a good amount of power in his household regardless. In return, she bore him a son who the Duke accepted as his own child.

There was a similar setup in the game, Dishonored, where the Queen was never married. Yet, she had a daughter, and the identity of that child's father was a state secret known to only a tiny handful of people... Corvo, the Queen, and maybe even the daughter herself.

Chris can do the same thing here, only with the genders flip-flopped.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly feel bad for Chris. By all accounts, she is a good girl and a real sweetheart. With everything that's gonna be weighing down on her in the future? I'd like to see her have a bit of happiness in her life.

I have been reading the spoilers, so on that note...

You know, it's not like she absolutely has to marry him. She can take him as a consort, like Duke Leto and Lady Jessica in Frank Herbert's novel, Dune. Lady Jessica was never married to Duke Leto Atreides, but he gave her a good amount of power in his household regardless. In return, she bore him a son who the Duke accepted as his own child.

There was a similar setup in the game, Dishonored, where the Queen was never married. Yet, she had a daughter, and the identity of that child's father was a state secret known to only a tiny handful of people... Corvo, the Queen, and maybe even the daughter herself.

Chris can do the same thing here, only with the genders flip-flopped.

I think the Main hindrance is the Uncle, he would never allow it and she is yet too young to become the head of the house. But as you already read spoilers ... take a quick guess what she is working on later :p Also I think she wants genuine marriage and not just a consort for personal reason, if a concept of consort even exists in Space Monarchy.

Dex-chan lover
(comment cut)
...Also note that throughout the series Mei is implied to be constantly scheming behind Hiro's back to help make him and the people around him happy (and probably intentionally make his harem grow).
It seems that

we have found best robo-girl.

Dex-chan lover
So will they part ways, or will he have an unexpected passenger after the trip.

Dex-chan lover
I like him because he is like this.

BUT he is making himself one hell of a harem by pushing everyone else away. Especially since all the girls that he met is the kind that never gives up. Like at all.

Dex-chan lover
even though they always play the "same age" bullshit card, mimi defintiely looks older than the little girl - and that's not only due to her tit size.
because she looks older doesn't mean she is, just like in real life too, the looks doesn't matter (people can look over 18 when they are not). (remember he knew about her age before sleeping with her)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not a fan of every single girl the MC meets falling deeply in love with him, but I appreciate that he handles all of those situations maturely.

Users who are viewing this thread