Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 8 Ch. 39.1

Dex-chan lover
And so it begins... Yandere Chris was born today. Also Mei being best robot girl all along is really wholesome.

Can somebody clarify something for me however:

How come Mimi said that he picked her and Elma over Chris? Wasn't the idea to have Chris join their harem and in fact didn't Mimi "push" for that on the very first few nights that Chris stayed with them? That "choose us over her" confused me.

Dex-chan lover
The guy made a hard choice of the harem over having a monogamous relationship. That takes dedication! Everyone should show him respect for such a big sacrifice he made!

Dex-chan lover
And so it begins... Yandere Chris was born today. Also Mei being best robot girl all along is really wholesome.

Can somebody clarify something for me however:

How come Mimi said that he picked her and Elma over Chris? Wasn't the idea to have Chris join their harem and in fact didn't Mimi "push" for that on the very first few nights that Chris stayed with them? That "choose us over her" confused me.
To answer your question, you think he can keep his harem when she becomes a countess?

In the first place she originally had 0 interest in power. So the original idea was she was fine with giving up her nobility and have all 3 of them. But when the only remaining candidate, her uncle died. Then pretty much she has no choice but to become a countess being the only heir. So his options was the harem or marry into the count family. Of course as MC said, her grandfather will likely have him killed before that

Dex-chan lover
To answer your question, you think he can keep his harem when she becomes a countess?

In the first place she originally had 0 interest in power. So the original idea was she was fine with giving up her nobility and have all 3 of them. But when the only remaining candidate, her uncle died. Then pretty much she has no choice but to become a countess being the only heir. So his options was the harem or marry into the count family. Of course as MC said, her grandfather will likely have him killed before that
Brilliant explanation and yes it makes perfect sense now. Thanks broski!

Can't wait to see the harem grow. Poor Chris 🤣

Dex-chan lover
Please, no time skips. Although I want see the shenanigans (marquis vs countess duel) for who's he gonna marry.

I don't doubt that he's gonna do something so awesome that titles would be irrelevant anyway...
Basically, he married Mimi first to avoid troubles with the nobles later on in the series, not too sure about the other girls

just burned thru this manga up to this chapter in one night, it's pretty fun! enjoyed the various references, lots of Elite inspirations, etc. fairly wholesome considering the circumstances. nice.

Lol I do like that robots have their own personalities deep down regardless of customization. That and the fact that they are an entire race of human lovers to the point that they want them all to love other humans wherever possible too. Also really funny delivery for how we found out, glad they didn't just put it in the lengthy exposition. Good world building.

Please author, do not put more woman is his harem. The three are more than enough
I personally don't mind if more women join the harem, I just want there to be a good reason for it. The first two were written well and I ended up loving Mei as a character eventually (super glad we learn in this chapter she has a personality and wants beyond what the MC programmed her to have), but it took me a while to warm up to her because it felt like her addition to the crew (and therefore the harem) was hamfisted in. The other two had actual plot reasons that told us more about what this world is like, but Mei was just "I have to fill my sales quota PLEASE by an android from me!"

I do like that both nobles that tried to join the harem were rejected for actually thought out reasons tho. To me it's more about the writing quality than how many girls do or do not join the harem. As long as it's decently written and not problematic (that noble girl was a bit too young for him yikes), I'm happy.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations as always. And AI having this weird base level obsession with love and romance is a neat wrinkle in the universe. Unexpected and probably won't be expounded on, but funny and unique choice.
You have no idea lol.

Mei will basically be the pillar to our little MC's romance. She's the best.

Users who are viewing this thread