Mi-chan wa Kawaretai - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Say it one more time.

Jesus Christ these comments are full of morons. Calling the Mc a virgin and loser and making fun of the entire population of Japan along with it?

What are you all smoking? A random girl started to live in his house. How he’s acting isn’t rude and he doesn’t need to suck up to her just because she’s cute.

Turns out the Mc isn’t a simp like you guys who’d fall for a woman and let her do anything as long as she’s pretty. Ever heard of… self respect?

Actually pathetic. Please improve yourselves.

Jesus Christ these comments are full of morons. Calling the Mc a virgin and loser and making fun of the entire population of Japan along with it?

What are you all smoking? A random girl started to live in his house. How he’s acting isn’t rude and he doesn’t need to suck up to her just because she’s cute.

Turns out the Mc isn’t a simp like you guys who’d fall for a woman and let her do anything as long as she’s pretty. Ever heard of… self respect?

Don't forget Mi-chan is 17 and he's 30, my man has common sense. He doesn't want to get involved with police for adultery and acts cautiously.

Dex-chan lover
NOOOO, What happened? The Nekogirl is kidnapped!!!. Call the Weeb Association, alert the Furries. We have to find her at all costs.

3hcnmr

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget Mi-chan is 17 and he's 30, my man has common sense. He doesn't want to get involved with police for adultery and acts cautiously.
Age of consent in Japan is 16, so he wouldn't get in legal trouble, at least, since he's not in a position of authority over her.

Socially, however, since he's potentially twice her age (he said he's "in his 30s" not that he was 30), he'd face less scorn and disgust if he whipped his dick out on live TV and spun it around while blasting helicopter helicopter over the speakers.

Dex-chan lover

This is just my outsider POV so I could be complete wrong...

One problem we Americans have is that we can't relate to a character like that, but all of the humility, politeness, taking on tasks that someone asks without complaint (especially if they're older than you), deferring to others, etc. is seen as culturally positive in Japan. This would probably make the character more relatable and less irritating to the Japanese audience. To them he's probably just a nice guy who needs to think of himself more. To us he's a spineless doormat.

Dex-chan lover
Not adultery as that involves at least one of them being married. What would apply here would be some sort of Corruption of a Minor statute violation. He's already in violation of that because her as a minor staying at his place without the consent of a guardian usually count even if nothing else happened.

Dex-chan lover
Age of consent in Japan is 16, so he wouldn't get in legal trouble, at least, since he's not in a position of authority over her.

Socially, however, since he's potentially twice her age (he said he's "in his 30s" not that he was 30), he'd face less scorn and disgust if he whipped his dick out on live TV and spun it around while blasting helicopter helicopter over the speakers.
Yes, the age of consent is 16 so it wouldn't be statutory rape, but Japan is loaded with local Corruption of a Minor-type laws that made it this kind of thing illegal even before the recent reforms went into place and the age of consent was still 13. Also before the reform if above the age of consent rape was defined as "forcible sexual intercourse" and NOT "non-consensual sexual intercourse"...

I looked this stuff up a while back for a discussion on another mange where the university student and the next door first-year JK and shared feelings (along with several other similar manga). I saved some links to the sites containing the data but they're lost in clutter on my computer so here are some I just quickly found:

Old pre-reform

2023 revision article

After 116 Years, Japan Raised Age of Consent for Sex to 16. What Took So Long?

At the same time, all prefectures have their own ordinances that establish punishments for the sexual abuse of children. For example, the ordinance in Tokyo prefecture has the age of consent set at 18 to prevent “corruption of minors,” even though there is no standardized law or interpretation of what “corruption of minors” means.

Fed-Kun's army
Ho no ! The nosy, chatty old ladies might start some rumors that one of the store clerks has a young girlfriend that wears short skirts ! Oh the humanity ! Surely that's reason enough to scold her, scream at her and throw her out of the store ?

Only in Japan…

In other news, turns out this manga actually has a plot, uh ?

That white long haired cat really was an amazing beauty though.
i know the short skirts "taboo" is a thing in Japan, but that was never implied here? hes just worried about rumors flying around regarding the topic of having a GF in general.
My option is, she is the grand dauther from a big and powerful business family, she wanted freedom and received a cat curse (or heritage?) Then the shadow is the Family buttler/servant
By a motive, this story is similar at game Cat's kiss
hope this is the case. anything like grape or SA leaves a bad taste...

Fed-Kun's army
everytime theres an MC llike this(which in manga/anime is 90% of the time) theres people who cant stop bitching about what a wuss he is. If you hate this type of MC so much, do yourself a favor and drop the manga. no one wants to see you whining under every chapter

Dex-chan lover
I mean she just wants him to be happy, and by proxy make herself happy. Oh and there is no way that isn’t a relative of some kind, probably her mom looking for her because she always does things like this and goes off on her own because she feels like it.

Users who are viewing this thread