Mieruko-chan - Ch. 57

This man will is going to try to kill Mieruko's dad. He already knows where she lives. Since one of his goons saw that shotacon ghost chase after Mieruko and her brother in the previous chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter, I love that this chapter gives Romm some more characterization, while he has been shown to be very scared of certain ghosts coming after him that he both respects Seto while also rightfully scared of him is a nice touch. I also thought it was a nice touch that Romm has a picture of his first mentor/mother figure from her tv appearances days as the background for his smartphone. Shows he still thinks of her after she's been freed and he remembers her as she was. I like the fact that he was kind to the child ghost and even tried to extract her before Seto and his ghost goons could arrive, considering earlier he was trying to find ways to block out his own powers both as a way of protecting himself and demonstrating his feelings regarding his situation I think he's grown a bit since his plot to free his first mentor paid off. Liked the call back to the containment zone and I hope we get some more info regarding that.
Seto is an interesting character he had some great lines in this chapter, also seems to be unnaturally strong, and that scar on his hand that got dyed black the longer he held on to the ghost makes me curious was it absorbing the ghost, exorcising it, or just disintegrating it... I do believe in his past he may have been some sort of exec or yakuza captain. This again leads me to believe that there is some sort of structure or larger organization to the spiritualists in this series to some extent and they aren't completely solo operators with the references to the containment zone, Romm having his number etc. He also implied that there were more ghosts in that station then just the "girl" so we don't even know if that was the one bugging his coworker. I know people are concerned about him eventually targeting some of the other supernatural characters in Miko's friendgroup but how will Seto react to Hana's aura output or recently crowned series best girl and just a gal trying to be Miko's pal Michiru and her ghost symbiote/cocoon?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Still my favorite manga, i like how the world is being expanded with more characters and dynamics.

Thanks for the translations as always!

Users who are viewing this thread