Mieruko-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Is noone going to comment about the very obvious difference in size when Hana lifted her shirt up

Dex-chan lover
@GruntZone360 There were some chapters pre serialization, and yeah, it goes beyond gag in the last one he made prior to this. Basically they find a cat that was inside of a cardboard box, spooky spirit inside near the cat, her friend wants to keep the kitty, while she tries not to freak out over the spirit. Friend can't have pets in her condo, so she posts on social media about finding a kitty and if anyone was willing to take care of it. A man comes, but he's surrounded by spirits of animals and cats, that look angry, some even have object like shapes sticking out of them, implying the man is an animal killer, the spirit that was near the girl holding the cat and was keeping watch over the cat up to this point rushes into a frenzy to the dude and starts telling him to die to his face, she them tells her friend they should probably wait on someone else, dude leaves, with the animal spirits and that other one still cursing him.

Then a scary dude shows up, but he has white fluffy cat looking spirits around him, and the cat seems to like him, friend is weirded out, because he looks like some type of gangster but Mieruko tells her it's fine. Basically being able to see spirits made her realize the scary dude was a good owner for the kitty. Later, he posts on his own social media about the cute kitty he just got, and the chapter ends.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Ingway: There's an extra to that of the man joyfully watching the kitty eat, in the back an altar showing the pictures of the two cats (they're nekomata, two-tailed cats, the implication was he took care of them so well that they lived long enough to turn youkai) and of a woman, likely his lover, whose spirit is also watching over him with the cats.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Has the author ever written actual horror manga? They're pretty good at drawing grotesque ghosts.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to see a one-off crossover between this and Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san. Mieruko is desperately ignoring a ghost and Kogarashi casually walks by and exorcises it with a fist to the face. Her reaction would be wonderful I'm sure.

you ever just mindin you own business when a ghost STUNTS on you?

me neither

Dex-chan lover
>Translating あええ into ree
Dunno wether i should laugh or facepalm because i'm a translation purist.

this is funny and all, but in all actuality she's probably schizophrenic or something ?

Dex-chan lover
@JaxsterXD
Honestly, I don't find it as funny as I do saddening that she'd have to put up with that shit. Feels bad that she can't even talk to anyone, including her best friends about it.

But, yeah, if this was real life... Seeing things like this would be a very bad indicator that something is mentally/physically wrong with you. Contrary to popular belief, most people that suffer form vivid hallucinations don't see such vivid hallucinations that are both visual and auditory to the point where they can't tell they aren't real. If you've ever seen the film "A Beautiful Mind" with Russell Crowe, you'll probably be thinking someone with paranoid schizophrenia like what John Nash really suffered from was like interactive imaginary people that he couldn't tell apart from something real and could even hold conversations and form friendships with them. It wasn't like that for him. With his case, he believed more along things like all people wearing red ties were Soviet spies out to get him and that he was a prophet meant to find hidden things about the universe. He didn't even initially suffer from auditory hallucinations.

Most people suffering from hallucinations don't see anything NEAR this level. Like maybe you see bugs or shadows or hear music that isn't playing. (Admittedly, paranoid schizophrenics can experience more intense and disturbing stuff, like intrusive thought becoming manifested hallucination with voices telling them to kill themselves or they're worthless and whatnot. Pretty disheartening that they have to go through with that.) Seeing this shit? This vivid? This horrific? Phew boy. Schizophrenia, brain tumors, and all that other "fun" shit.

Or, alternatively, the paranormal is real and she's seeing something we otherwise can't detect (which actually isn't that ridiculous, but it coming in the form of monsters following you around staring at you kinda is). In which case... can you imagine how horrific it could be if she acknowledged these things and because of that her ability to see "them" became known and they swarmed her? Imagine having dozens or hundreds of these fucking things, real or not, flying in front of your face at all hours of the day - blocking your vision and screaming in your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread