Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
The cat gang just keeps growing. Wait for this middle aged death guy to be a cat lover.
Imagine the old creepy dude dons on a cat ear, and just slowly and creepily transforms into an eldritch being while going “nya nya nya”

Dex-chan lover
HOW
Just how this author makes someone seems SO CRAZY and dangerous, then reverts it well.
Past chapters were so uncomfortable, like something really bad would happen

Dex-chan lover
We literally still know nothing about Mieruko and her powers.
And this series is already running for half a decade.
ALREADY???? I'm reading since the start.. what have I been doing all this time...

Dex-chan lover
djxiku.png

Despicable youtubers and their shillings lmao
Being haunted can bring a lot of negativity to your life but if your problems aren't caused by ghosts you should check out BetterHelp™. They can connect you with one of their thousands of licensed therapists to get you the help you deserve! And unlike many exorcists they are absolutely, positively not shady. Aside from the selling of user data and other scandals they're completely trustworthy! Use the link in the description or sign up with the promo code "Romm40" to get 40% off your first month! And now, back to the video!

I highly doubt he is death, he could be a malicious ghost of some sort, since death wouldn’t be our maliciously hunting people, like how it would hunt romm if romm kept trying to investigate it.

thanks for the translation! seems it's time for a reread before next arc starts

Dex-chan lover
I like that both Miko and Hana were able to Michiru for who she truly was, Miko could see what was going on with her and Hana was able to see her as a peer and someone who feels the same way she does. Though my question is what was Michiru's guardian protecting her from? Did it a specific purpose? From getting more emotional harm/trauma, a specific supernatural threat, or just in general?
Also if the theory was correct that the original Pii died years ago and her sister kept replacing it in part as a ruse to keep searching her room how and why did "Pii" bond with Michiru?
Also Miko's eyes have been fooled before there's been other times when she thought she was seeing a living person only for it to turn out it was actually a ghost cosplaying the "child with the ballon" etc. It makes sense that such a serious threat would be able to do the same to counter the ability of some to see it. My guess is that this thing may be an homage to the that man urban legend.

Dex-chan lover
So,are we to assume that Romm is more powerful (spiritualist wise) than the MC since he sees something other than an old man? Or that the MC is more powerful and thus the spirit has no real hold on her?

Dex-chan lover
- yuria : ... hana-chan ...

- hana : ... michiru-chan ...

- miko : ... hana ... , michiru-chan ... , romu-san ...

- michiru : ... miko-chan ...

- big sister : ... michiru ... , everyone-san ... , hana-chan ... , miko-chan ... , tohno-sensei ...

- romu : ... miko-san ... , ichijou michiru-san ...

page 2 :
  • michiru .
  • michiru-chan 's onee-san ? miko .

page 3 :
  • big sister : ... michiru ...
  • michiru : ... yoh-chan ...

- hana : zen-sense...

- sensei : what were you 2 girls doing together in the gym room ? did you girls have some yuri le$bian actions ? lol .

page 4 :
- yuria : ... cleaning up the chii oji ... ?

page 19 :
i guess there is a flower inside the speech bubble of hana .

page 21 :
  • big sister : ... sensei , can we become friends ?
  • sensei : ... cats ... , do you like them ?

and for some unknown reasons , the speech bubbles , of big sister and of sensei , were drawn differently .

page 22 :
today , when i was reading the raw japanese , i realized the pun of his name :
" ... enigma syndrome . my name is Shindou Romu ... "
in japanese , syndrome = シンドローム = shindo-roumu .
in his name , Shindou = 神童 = しんどう = child prodigy .

page 24 :
- romu : ... watashi ... , drink bar ... , member-sama ...

page 28 :
you can search images with google : princess mononoke + forest spirit + ghibli .

page 30 :
  • miko : what a relief . now i dont need to worry about anything anymore . this michiru arc is finally over in this manga .
  • romu : well , too bad for you , a more dangerous arc has started already , lol .
  • miko : come on , give me a break , the mangaka .

last page :
- miko : ... oji-san ...

Last edited:
My own speculation here, I think that "old man" sent that evil spirit her dad warned her in chapter 51, page 25. It maybe the reason why the dog is protecting her dad or the home.

Dex-chan lover
The Michiru arc (imo) was one the weakest parts of this manga so far. Although it did have some good moments, but I'm glad we're finally moving on from it.
Honestly, I thought the shonen battle arc was the weakest part, though this ending for the arc does feel somewhat lacking.

Fed-Kun's army
FUCKING HELL, CAT BUDDIES YEAHHH
i haven't read the rest of the chapter yet

Dex-chan lover
But then again, he could only see a dark mist around Michiru. And yet, he could see the one in the tree well enough to identify it as the same kind as the one on Michiru?
I'd guess that he needed all that stuff in his room to identify Michiru's spirit. It probably would have been completely safe if he didn't use the photo with that dude in it. As is he almost died but still got the results for Michiru's spirit.

Dex-chan lover
In one chapter we:
Solved an issue.
Got a new ship.
Got an explanation.
Got another problem.
And got more questions.

Users who are viewing this thread