Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she will replace someone who has never been relevant since day 1.

This arc is just to expand already establish relationship, build some foundation for future arc and is a breather. Author probably don't want to do back to back god since it will ruin how strong god spirit are.
I think the loli supposed to be more of sidekick but all she got was clown duty.

Michiru probably could be the sidekick without intruding the story too much.

Like her ghost/spirit could be use to help Mieruko once in awhile so we aren't just rotating between old lady and Rom.

Dunno if someone's already mentioned this, but this isn't the first time Miko's mistaken a ghost for either a normal human (the little boy), or something benevolent (the old lady). It's been established that every medium sees Them differently, so is it possible that the appearance of the ghosts is sometimes affected by what Miko WANTS to see?

Dex-chan lover
fuck yeah, always excited for this manga, this new arc's already looking good!!!!!!

also love the wholesome ending with michiru!

Dex-chan lover
It was previously hinted, but I guess now it's kinda confirmed that Romm have the "strongest power" of them all
He need to use aura from Hana to break the shrine’s shield.

In hospital chapter, Rom did mention that Miko’s eyes are more powerful than his. He did see things but more transparent than Miko did.

That is also probably why he is able to see “true nature” of that middle age ghost.

Fed-Kun's army
So, that photo was the one Romm saw in his room when everything went truly horror, a close call for him.

Next arc will be epic!

Btw thank for the great warming chapter! I love how Hana solved the problem. There is a big heart behind those big twin buns.

Double-page supporter
OOOH! god, im excited. i want more chapters already!!! thnak you so much for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
I'm remembering now how earlier in this arc, some douchebag in the comments section got super pretentious and nasty at me for estimating that Michiru wasn't as evil as we were being led to believe.

Last edited:
I'm remembering now how earlier in this arc, some douchebag in the comments section got super pretentious and nasty at me for estimating that Michiru wasn't as evil as we were being led to believe.

i seen someone does that too and be like, both sisters are yanderes , but i do understand since the author really did a good job portaiying people as such , which probably the way the author wanted the viewer to see because thats how we see strangers that we know very little about

thanks for the chapter
so i wonder how the guy looks for rom and the ghost seems to stick around the school?
Since he's a youtuber I think all he saw is the monetization suspended email from youtube for violating their community policy or whatever. That is scary as hell to shillings youtubers like him lol

Power Uploader
So the old man is now the next arc? I'm still curious who came to the door during the sleepover arc that her dad told her not to answer.

Dex-chan lover
When's this cute little fella coming back tho?
8pP9xLx.png

it's probably something like that, but the one who defied the death are miko father
iirc miko awaken her power after her father's death, and from looks of it her father also have same power if not stronger than miko

so my theory miko were supposed to be dead at young age since we saw the picture of the old man on her elementary school entrance but her father doing something about it and either get caught in the net or sacrificed himself for miko sake.
aaand he inherited his power to miko so she can fight old guy in the future
Intended to throw some coins for a while now, but was too lazy to login, anyway:

1- I don't think the "unassuming middle-aged guy" is the Grim Reaper. So far, entities in this manga have been very japanese, and "Shinigamis" (as would be the equivalent) are not only very vague in old literature, but also very diverse in modern popular culture, so would be pretty much impossible to predict (and as for the Grim Reaper, most stories will depict it as an entity that takes people "when their time comes" and I find it very hard to believe that it would attack Romm just because he saw it).

2- I won't entirely deny that Michiru's caterpillar may have some relation, but let's not forget that caterpillars don't stay in their larval stage forever and You (Michiru's sister) already said she replaces the caterpillar whenever they change to cocoon/chrysalis stage, so the current "Pii", is not the same one as the "Pii" from a few weeks ago, so again, I doubt a pet that isn't even around anymore is Michiru's "forest guardian".

3- The voice mimicking ghost, Miko have been seeing random ghosts for a while now, and you people never assumed they would be more important that they actually were, so why is this one different?
"Because her father warned her to not open the door"?
It was dangerous, of course he would warn her;
"Because it mimicked You's voice"?
Considering what we have seen so far, mimicking voices is hadly impressive, some people can do it fairly well, and some birds amazingly well;
So as far as I'm concerned, that ghost was just a random that will probably never show up again, and yet people are letting it derail their judgement.

And finally,
4- Going back to the "unassuming middle-aged guy", back in the holpital, Romm explained to Miko how perspective is important and any given thing can be different for different people, and the difference between him and Miko was basically a difference in opacity, Romm can see ghosts, but still see what's behind them, while Miko sees them as completely solid, unable to see what's behind. Of course, this case doesn't seem to be the same thing, but it's also possible that this is Romm's years of experience comming into play, so he can see what the entity truly is (or as others pointed out, it could just be Miko's seeing it for what it really is, an old man), many possibilities, that we may find out in a month or two, but hopefully not three.

That's it, sorry for the [Wall of Text].

Also,

Wrong manga.
So from these and other comments, also after rereading ch 43, 50.2, and 52 again, I think I agree with these points:
-Spirit in the mountain at the end of Shrine arc might be a nature spirit, hopefully not a malevolent one and not coming back to give Miko trouble
-If Michiru's tentacle calmed down by Miko's Dad's "dog", I assume Dad's dog is also a good natured spirit too
-If Dad is still around because he has unfinished business, then I think the Guy is not the grim reaper/shinigami, more like a personification of a curse, which you'll be die if you look at him X times. Dad might encountered this guy before his death. That's why maybe Dad's spirit and Michiru's tentacle will help Miko to battle it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Finally!

Hana sure grew fast on Michiru.

That unassuming middle aged ghost is still the creepiest ghost in the manga. I guess it was the one who rocked Romm's workshop also.

It was also present when Miko almost got run over by a truck.
Or they were the lackeys of this ghost, like you know how when they were in the sport shed, the little guys were reporting the tentacles? Guess there could be the same concept

Dex-chan lover
So her caterpillar is a forest lord and protecting her
Someone said it looked like a caterpillar in the past chapters, looks like her saving the caterpillar helped in getting her the protection of the forest lord

Users who are viewing this thread