Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 54

Group Leader
good as hell
Miko for first time seeing Michiru face was damn good I like this ship between them
Romm see differently from Miko some people see like Miko but others see ghost differently and from that I will still assume that she have better sight because she see the most cleary image from others and she can see all ghost

Dex-chan lover
I think the spirit protecting Michiru is the caterpillar from when she was younger

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh.. I missed that middle age ghost is with MC since she was little. Given that Mieruko can't see his true nature is worrying.

Mieruko seems always see more than Romm or the old lady.

Since Rom is being wary, it must be really strong.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The Michiru arc (imo) was one the weakest parts of this manga so far. Although it did have some good moments, but I'm glad we're finally moving on from it.
Yeah, it feels like listening to jazz after pop rock. Not bad and have good parts but feels slow.

I guess it's to introduce Michiru to replace loli ghost buster and down time from previous arc.

Supporter
That unassuming man looks scarier than all of the eldritch horrors we've seen.
Yes, but I mean . . . no, not at all, the monsters in this are probably the scariest I've seen, and this guy doesn't (yet) rate that high . . . but I sense this is going to change.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it feels like listening to jazz after pop rock. Not bad and have good parts but feels slow.

I guess it's to introduce Michiru to replace loli ghost buster and down time from previous arc.
I don't think she will replace someone who has never been relevant since day 1.

This arc is just to expand already establish relationship, build some foundation for future arc and is a breather. Author probably don't want to do back to back god since it will ruin how strong god spirit are.

Dex-chan lover
So far he's been seen two times, always around impending death. First he appeared when Miko almost got isekai'd. Then we saw him in her middleshool graduation picture, days before her father's death. That's why people made that connection, plus the sickle of course.
I don’t think it fits the story progression though. If it was Death itself, nothing could really be done against it, and I doubt this manga is gonna end with Miko dying. This feels more like a spirit with a strong grudge against her family or something, the sickle could easily be a red herring (and we know the author LOVES red herrings). I think the key here is the fact that her dad hasn’t moved on yet, which means that he knows what targeted him will go after his family. If he had been killed by Death itself, he would have no reason to stay since Death wouldn’t be after his family specifically.

Sorry for being so long-winded :worry:

Aggregator gang
I'm almost certain the tentacle 'protector' will help beat this unassuming middle-aged man...

Fed-Kun's army
Wait wait wait . . . if Michiru's spirit thingy is a forest guardian thing that has been around her for ages, what was it that woke up on the mountain?
Just another forest guardian. Similar looking doesn't mean same entity. They probably different spirit but took same form. Just like that fox god two shrine maiden, they look same until we know 1 of their real identity.

So. Michiru found the catterpillar by a big tree. When she was young. That must be the time the tentacles started protecting her. Her sister told an event happened once when she forgot to exchange the catterpillar. We then saw michiru hurting her friend with a pen. Now we see the unassuming death guy is following her in one of her pictures in school hallway. So what i think about it.. tentacles is protecting michiru from commit murder or suicide. D:

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
so i wonder how the guy looks for rom and the ghost seems to stick around the school?

Users who are viewing this thread