Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL. So after months and months of buildup, Miko is finally able to see Michiru's face and her response?
"OH NO SHE'S HOT..." :lewd:

I see Yuria continues to be highly choke-able by everyone within arm's reach, and it's that nice Zen-sensei seems to have gained another cat buddy. It was highly fitting that the denounment of the arc would also involve a proper group photo of Michiru with Miko and friends after the concept of photography had reoccurred frequently throughout as Michiru was first introduced as a teen model, Miko was initially forbidden from taking her picture by You-chan and had to surreptitiously snap some, and then they all looked at her family album during the sleepover.

Finally, we just had to end on the existential dread of a unknownable spirit stalking poor MIko didn't we?

Dex-chan lover
Does Michiru get to seggs Miko now? She should seggs Miko, she deserves to.
And I wonder if anything will happen regarding that weird ghost that talked using Michiru's sister's voice. That one was fucking weird.

Dex-chan lover
FCLsLImVkAEo1N-.jpg

same energy

Dex-chan lover
Deceased discord mod ghost is indeed is more dangerous than anyone thought and Rom knows it very well
His weeb and pedo power is beyond anyone can understand
Hope Miko will survive

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why so many people are convinced that the middle-aged man is the Grim Reaper/Death itself. Is there something aside from the sickle? It would leave so many plot points unresolved, like why her dad hasn't moved on yet, or why it tried to get Miko to open the door by imitating Michiru's sister's voice (assuming that was him, since it's the only time her dad actually gave her a warning, a.k.a. a real threat).

Phew, we finally getting some actual horror stuff again. Genius boy should've been the protagonist, as cute as Miko is.

Intended to throw some coins for a while now, but was too lazy to login, anyway:

1- I don't think the "unassuming middle-aged guy" is the Grim Reaper. So far, entities in this manga have been very japanese, and "Shinigamis" (as would be the equivalent) are not only very vague in old literature, but also very diverse in modern popular culture, so would be pretty much impossible to predict (and as for the Grim Reaper, most stories will depict it as an entity that takes people "when their time comes" and I find it very hard to believe that it would attack Romm just because he saw it).

2- I won't entirely deny that Michiru's caterpillar may have some relation, but let's not forget that caterpillars don't stay in their larval stage forever and You (Michiru's sister) already said she replaces the caterpillar whenever they change to cocoon/chrysalis stage, so the current "Pii", is not the same one as the "Pii" from a few weeks ago, so again, I doubt a pet that isn't even around anymore is Michiru's "forest guardian".

3- The voice mimicking ghost, Miko have been seeing random ghosts for a while now, and you people never assumed they would be more important that they actually were, so why is this one different?
"Because her father warned her to not open the door"?
It was dangerous, of course he would warn her;
"Because it mimicked You's voice"?
Considering what we have seen so far, mimicking voices is hadly impressive, some people can do it fairly well, and some birds amazingly well;
So as far as I'm concerned, that ghost was just a random that will probably never show up again, and yet people are letting it derail their judgement.

And finally,
4- Going back to the "unassuming middle-aged guy", back in the holpital, Romm explained to Miko how perspective is important and any given thing can be different for different people, and the difference between him and Miko was basically a difference in opacity, Romm can see ghosts, but still see what's behind them, while Miko sees them as completely solid, unable to see what's behind. Of course, this case doesn't seem to be the same thing, but it's also possible that this is Romm's years of experience comming into play, so he can see what the entity truly is (or as others pointed out, it could just be Miko's seeing it for what it really is, an old man), many possibilities, that we may find out in a month or two, but hopefully not three.

That's it, sorry for the [Wall of Text].

Also,
Wrong manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why so many people are convinced that the middle-aged man is the Grim Reaper/Death itself. Is there something aside from the sickle? It would leave so many plot points unresolved, like why her dad hasn't moved on yet, or why it tried to get Miko to open the door by imitating Michiru's sister's voice (assuming that was him, since it's the only time her dad actually gave her a warning, a.k.a. a real threat).
So far he's been seen two times, always around impending death. First he appeared when Miko almost got isekai'd. Then we saw him in her middleshool graduation picture, days before her father's death. That's why people made that connection, plus the sickle of course.

Fed-Kun's army
Ahh, so that's is the reason Rom almost dead back then, i thought it was the Tentacles

Dex-chan lover
Remind me of the laughing guys from Scary Campus College University.

Users who are viewing this thread