Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
What is that thing? If it's not just some old man ghost thing is it some god or what? What other times have we seen it?
I reread everything just for that. He showed up when Miko almost got runover by a truck , before hospital chapter. Then he shows up again in chapter 50.2 in the family photo

MD@Home
Man, Miko's "spirit senses" really need some tuning. She sees apparently benevolent "angels" as monstrosities, and those that appear to be agents of death as "unassuming"? What's up with that?

Double-page supporter
So many of the human character seems like a bad person, but apparently none of them are. So the actual villain is still a ghost?
well, a few of the ghosts USED to be human and were already bad during life so youre half right

Dex-chan lover
Interesting...

First of, so happy Michiru feels less burdened now. Hana really has the power to change people even though she doesn't realize it. Michiru looks a lot more beautiful too I think because now she feels at ease. And Zen-sensei acquired a new cat ally? Can't wait to see that.

Second, that fucking ghost in the photo... Now I have to wonder if the ghosts have no fixed appearance. Like the reason why they look so scary is due to Miko's fear for them. And in Romm's case, that middle-aged man ghost is not his view of him but something else. I think I may have a guess to who that ghost is. Remember that one ghost Miko saw through the peephole after Michiru left? Her ghost dad even advised her to not open the door. I think that could be him.

I haven't gotten chills like this since the ghost kid tricking Miko.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I love this chapter.
I'm so happy it ended well for everyone's :)
I'm excited for the new arc !

Dex-chan lover
I always hate these Japanese morals of straight lying to cover up how horrible someone was. You can't just tell the truth? You can only get by in life by lying and hiding what happened.

And yes, I know it's not just Japanese, but it does occur fairly often in Japanese works.

Banned
Unless it's like Final Destination. "Oh, you saw death coming and used that knowledge to avoid it? Well now you get to die in some cartoonishly horrific manner far worse than the original quick, if not still utterly horrific, way that was planned."
it's probably something like that, but the one who defied the death are miko father
iirc miko awaken her power after her father's death, and from looks of it her father also have same power if not stronger than miko

so my theory miko were supposed to be dead at young age since we saw the picture of the old man on her elementary school entrance but her father doing something about it and either get caught in the net or sacrificed himself for miko sake.
aaand he inherited his power to miko so she can fight old guy in the future

Dex-chan lover
Not exactly a "new" villain, the fat man has been appearing through the story for a while now, implied to be the apparition of Death itself.

He may in fact be the final boss.
But of course, who else could be the final boss of a manga with a bunch of cute girls surrounded by evil spirits?

Nothing but the most nefarious thing, the dreaded old fat ugly bastard!

Dex-chan lover
The cat gang just keeps growing. Wait for this middle aged death guy to be a cat lover.

Users who are viewing this thread