Mieruko-chan - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Probably going to regret asking, but what's this concrete girl some of you are talking about?

@Landale It's a story in Japan where a girl got... yeah, chapter related by teenagers affiliated(?) with yakuza, the teens got off scot free "Due to their age" IIRC, only several years in prison, while the girl is... again, chapter related. It's true and fucked up yes, (not) amusingly enough she could've been saved since she was already declared missing by her parents to the police.

Dex-chan lover
@Landale "Concrete girl" was a real-life rape-muder victim in Japan named Junko Furuta:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

@Landale You can google it. Its about young girl who was beaten raped and murdered by 4 yakuza brats, and encased in a drum filled with concrete and dumped in the sea. Worst part is multiple people knew about her being in captivity.

Fed-Kun's army
God, I love Lann's picture of Rin. Does anyone have a blown up version of it?

Aggregator gang
watch as this series turns from a yonkoma comedy into shounen battle series with super powers

Dex-chan lover
Interestingly enough the weaker girl can see barriers, while the stronger somehow can't. And even more interesting is that stronger girl can set up strong barriers by accident. Unsure if I should find it funny, or annoying as it seems implausible. Also unsure if that means she is screwed as now the ones she can see will know she can, as she used barrier against them.

Dex-chan lover
@feha I suspect that she was imagining the barrier since it seemed to have no effect anyway.

the weaker girl cant see barriers, she's imagining a barrier because she thinks miko did a ritual to make one.

its a comical misunderstanding, not a plotpoint, as far as i can tell

Dex-chan lover
It could just be some other victim who was stuffed in a drum, but still I did NOT need that memory of Furuta AGAIN
gmLzSa0.jpg

btw the drum ghost has 2 sets of arms. could there be at least 2 bodies in there?

Dex-chan lover
@Lithe the barrier was drawn, magic circle and everything. That means it was visible to someone, and I doubt she suffers from hallucinations.

@feha the barrier is a delusion. the girl thinks miko is skilled in the exorcist arts and thought she drew a magic circle. we know what miko was actually doing, so we know for a fact she didnt draw a magic circle. of course its a delusion.

@feha @CivilSky Personally, I think she really did put up a barrier, just without knowing it. How? Well look again at the few "clap" moments right before. We only got two, but I think we simply didn't see the 3rd one. I think this has to do with the shrine thing, and the Inari kami of the shrine having dropped those leaves on her head while telling her something about the number "3."
It's either something the Inari did to help her protect herself, or it's the second instance of a 3 part protection from her wish.

Edit: Also, the position she had at the time looked like one at a shrine, even with the hands united in front of her.

Users who are viewing this thread