Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Double-page supporter
she must master her own powers and defend herself one day.

Dex-chan lover
@need4speedrazor6 To make it scarier, if you look back, the kid is holding hands with the woman, making it look like he's with his mother.

So not only can they look more human, they can make use of other people to add onto their disguise. I do wonder why they'll attack her though.

Fed-Kun's army
How the heck would anyone bear this kind of pressure, everyone around you could be a monster in disguise.

Supporter
Damn, this manga started as comedy, but this is getting deep...and heavy...
Thanks for the chapter!

@parodyres They probably attack her because they think she is an exorciser. Even if she isn't, she can see them, so she could possibly ask help from one seeing as their existence was already proven. So, she is a threat. At least that's what I think it is, of course they might not have thought it all through but it's at least somewhat instinctual.
Also, this is purely conjecture but I think that the "ghosts" gather life force to pass on, and they do that through jumping on that mouth monster we saw before. Or he just is a random monster.

Both the ghosts following the woman have bent backwards knees. Probably father/son.

Perhaps the mother had something to do with their demise, which is why they're haunting her.

Excuse me but what the actual fuck?
Disguised ghosts? What? Who are they trying to trick?
This one makes no sense, now the FMC will be overly cautious of everything? This is straight up paranoia and I don't like that, if the MC is not mentally stable then we might get "distorted" version of reality without being able to tell what is what and That is harmful to a storytelling if I may say.
But nevermind me, that might be deeper that just an unexpected fluke, time will show.

Dex-chan lover
Oh god. They’re getting better at blending in. I had to check back to see just how that ghost got triggered.

@agtra you've lost an article there and the noun shouldn't be starting with a capital letter, it's not a name.
Just saying, I got the point, someone might not.
@RandomFanguy in that train ride chapter she got somewhat "attacked" by a ghost hunting ghost with an axe and it just sliced right through her without causing any harm(aside from mental panic she definitely did experience in all its glory), idk if that applies to what she "engaged" with as I call it, though. Untill that happens we can only guess.

Dex-chan lover
Aw c'mon. Is she supposed to ignore EVERYTHING now? Never acknowledge anyone living because they could be disguised spooks? That's fucking cheating.
On the good side, the plot is truly going places, and she's finally realizing she can't just ignore things as they are. But what will be the fix?
I really wonder how long the plot can go for without getting draggy or feeling stretched considering we're about the last quarter of volume 3.

Really neat way of that kid ghost to totally fuck with the MC there. Was thinking normal looking ghosts were going to be a thing really quick ever since her dad totally fooled everyone back then. Really wondering what's going to happen after her protection runs out though.

Can we talk about how amazing the set up was for the scare, having the wave so nonchalant and in the background, having us distracred by her thoughts and the realisation that mieruko really fucked up, I honestly felt her dread at the reveal. Really good stuff by the mangaka

Goddamn that got a legitimate physical reaction out of me. I saw it coming and it still gave me fucking chills. Chills! I love this manga, it's the best.

Users who are viewing this thread