Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

@Afiaki you're a sensible and understanding guy with proper observational skills. :thunbsup:

@Flaco_lindo even if it was a regular view of the park... the child with the balloon should not be in the shot.

Dex-chan lover
If I was to take a guess, I'd say the ghost kid was significantly more powerful that he seemed. To be able to disguise himself (if it wasn't artist error), defeat one of the guardians, and drain Hana of all her life energy so quickly implies it was strong.

What happened to this manga? The quality of the last couple of chapters is off the roof. I can't even remember the last time I was this invested.

Well... we use to think the pannels with no monsters are the normal people's (hana's in this case) pov, but it doesn't really necessarily is. It could be meant to show what's the view looks with no creepy shit, and at that point, the child is not one of the creepy shits. Or it could be a fuck up by the artist, idk, maybe just a gimmick to keep the reveal more shocking...

My personal opinion is that it's more meaningfull for it to be hana's perspective, and if the kid wasn't in her pov i'd find it more interesting. Maybe just putting is as an easter egg, not that central to the scene would be a nice touch.

Ok so basically any ghost could just wave at her or ask her a question and if she waves back or answers a question she's a dead girl walkin.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man.
That shit is nightmare fuel. "Shit shit shit" is all I was thinking.
Though it's weird that only the child attacked her, all the ghosts around should have known about her seeing that child making a fuss.

I'm confused as to what everyone's arguing about in here. The boy was never in Hana's perspective. He was (almost) always in panels with another ghost. He was very clearly never shown to be in anything but Mieruko's viewpoint.

?????????

unless im understanding something incorrectly, the ghost kid disguised itself, waved at hana, hana waved back therefore acknowledging it, and then that confirmed she could see him so he attacked... where are people getting artist error from?

Aggregator gang
shit shit shit shit

if i became like her, i have been killed myself long ago ....

Everyone always said the kid disguised itself.
What if it was just Miko not being in the moment, as she wasn't, and mistaking it for a real kid.
Before it starts running towards her, it doesn't look too ungodly.

Aggregator gang
Anyone notice the food truck guy?

K06yaUN.png

Power Uploader
Having read many comments about the same thing, I don't think it's so hard to suspend disbelief on this one:

i. It's already been established that the more powerful the ghost/monster/whatever, the less noticeable it is to mediums, being more adept at concealing its presence. This was clearly the case of the boy, because it was powerful enough to defeat one of the miko spirits protecting our protagonist, which is not something the barrel monster in chapter 14.2 could boast of.

ii. I think the scene in page 8 is "Miko's impression of normalcy". The author's drawing what Miko thinks are the living people, and proceeds in the next page to show the monsters she has already pinpointed. Probably the author's intention is to fool us whenever Miko, too, is fooled. Which is different from chapter 9, because Miko obviously knew her father was dead.

I think these extremely powerful ghosts must be quite rare, since Miko has only met two who can disguise as normal humans, and only one who could truly fool her. But yeah, it should work as a wake-up call that ignoring people has its limits. So far, the safest way would be to never acknowledge (by visual contact or gestures) anyone who doesn't talk to her first. Or better yet, try to confirm that other people also can see them. It's a little like the film It follows.

Users who are viewing this thread