Mieruko-chan - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
christ those whatever sort of cat things creep me out. p sure they're "good guys" but i still find them creepier than a bunch of the other monsters

i think they're "good guys" because they're servants of what i assume is a local deity that eats these monsters

Dex-chan lover
those spirits seem angry with her, but like they arent taking any serious action against her yet either

Whoa, this chapter was insanely good. Pretty cool to see the duality of Miko and Julia's powers. No idea what's going on with the fox spirits really but I wouldn't rule out a slightly comedic outcome from this...

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka I think this series is running on the idea that the supernatural is incomprehensible and dangerous to humans and the best thing is not to be noticed by it. Hence the kami being no less disturbing than the ghosts and monsters.

Aggregator gang
@Fushiginiku Regarding them being mad with Miko not dealing with things herself, that makes a fair bit sense. Maybe they see her as one of their own, and are frustrated with her not being able to deal with something they deem to be within her capabilities. Kinda like an older sibling getting mad at a younger sibling because they keep neglecting their responsibilities, forcing the older one to clean up the younger sibling's mess.

@Fei_ pretty sure its intentional so as not to make spoilers. Wat exactly those words r probably got somethin to do w/ wat will happen later. It add to the climax, ja?

@Fei_ So as you know the characters that the fox spirits speak are distorted but I could tell what the big spirit was saying. It said “拯救你“ I think.
Meaning “saving you”.

Edit: ofc, it’s mostly my crack theory going on here :D

@nobaka
I think of them as fox spirits. And yes, their design is pretty messed up, but considering their employer... Yeah, mouth going halfway across his body - thank goodness he's on our side. I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread