Mieruko-chan - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Hmm the pacing is a bit slow, I bet because the mangaka is trying to figure out where to go from here without making it a shounen haha

Gotta give her a "power up" that doesn't make her shoot lasers or whatever.

The fox god and the twins are so mf interesting. I really think they’ve come to collect “the cost” of their protection, but I don’t know if it’s Hana or Miko herself. Maybe they specifically need the “offering” to be voluntary?? because they have more than enough power to take them now hmm

Dex-chan lover
Is Hana intended to be some sort of sacrifice to revitalize the god of the shrine or something?

Dex-chan lover
Was there inari sushi in the beancurd platter? Maybe thats what drove them away.

Supporter
I wonder if it's possible to decipher what the spirits(?) were trying to say

Dex-chan lover
awwwww what a nice chapter
still constant teasing with those fake god thingy though

Double-page supporter
@yukinomi For real. They're clearly speaking Japanese, just a very distorted and probably ancient dialect. Yet the phrases are left untranslated. Is this intended by the author, or are the translators unable to translate because of how distorted the words are? Would be nice to know what is being said, even if it doesn't make sense due to how jumbled up it is.

Dex-chan lover
AAAaaa So What The Heck Is That "GOD"??? Aaaaa

I guess they might be Hana's guardians, not Mieruko... but the last girl seems kinda pissed off...

Wonder when Miruko is gonna reveal to Pigtails about being able to see the scary stuff.

Dex-chan lover
One interesting thing that this chapter points out is that despite Mieruko's supposed spiritual power, she can't see life auras like all the other mediums we've seen so far. Maybe Mieruko is like Hana's opposite in the spiritual sense as well? One is finely tuned to life and the other to death? Kind of interesting.

I think the requirement for going to that temple is the very best yin yang in japan. hana (yin) and miko (yang).

Dex-chan lover
@Svelandria I'm unable to identify any of the 'kanji' they are using, but there are identifiable radicals in most of them. I suspect that the author is starting with real kanji but then replacing portions with random squiggles to render them 'seems like Japanese but is actually gibberish'.

@Aldis I think she believes that Miko should be able to handle it herself and isn't doing her job properly. She thinks they were 'after Hana', but they were just pointing at her and saying something. And they cleared out once she was fed, so it could have been something as simple as 'it's your fault she's like this, so do something about it!'

I suspect they are mad cuz they havent revisited them at the shrine tp recharge some buffs

Users who are viewing this thread